Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Valentine's Day Edition

 


Outfit Day! I feel like it's been awhile since we had a ridiculous and fun outfit. But today's the day! If you follow me on my new TikTok account, you've seen spoilers. But I have very few followers. Lol. Old people probably shouldn't have TikTok. Haha! Anyway... Shiny is our model today, so let's start with her outfit.

Palomino ponies were made for Valentine's Day outfits. You cannot change my mind on that.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Home Made

This brow band used to be a dog leash. But now it is four brow bands. Eros used his as a noseband on his halter yesterday though. He wanted to dress up but since he's just walking I had nothing to dress him in. So we figured that out. He was satisfied.

Boots: Equine Star
I think these came out SO cute! And yes, we did wear all of this last year. But this stuff isn't cheap, so expect to see it all again next year!

Saddle Pad: Equine Star
Saddle: Custom Saddlery
This saddle pad is adorable too. I have to say, I don't love the pads themselves. They're kind of slippery and don't stay put all that well. But for a single ride here and there they're fine. I think the more they get washed the more they'll soften up and maybe some of that slipperiness will go away. Hopefully anyway. 

That's what Shiny wore, and here's my outfit:

So much pink. But also green! Still though... mostly pink. It could have been MORE pink if I'd thought to bring the pink helmet. Fortunately for all of us, I did not. (I don't mention the vest below, it's Old Navy if you're looking for one!)

Helmet: Samshield
I'm still wearing this. But here's a new angle of half of this old helmet for you!

Sweatshirt: Zazzle
It's possible this did not come from Zazzle... I've forgotten to be honest. But I'm pretty sure that's where I got it. My outfit is mostly snarky conversation hearts (except the belt, it's more positive). Shiny's had all sweet messages. Because ponies are sweet, and I'm a crotchety old spinster. 

Belt: Buckle Down
Rita actually has a collar and leash that matches this belt. Because it's important to match your horses AND your dog on Valentine's Day.

Breeches: Pikeur
I snagged these second hand likely from Facebook (it was a few years ago) and I LOVE them. I think someone needs to come out with new tie dye breeches so I can have more. These may or may not be trying to split in the butt... So I'm not sure how much longer they'll survive. So like TS or RJ, maybe ROMFH, if you're listening... MORE TIE DYE PLEASE! 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Of COURSE they had snarky socks. D&S would never let me down.

Half Chaps and Paddock Boots: Celeris UK
These are the wonderful sheepskin lined chaps and boots. I'm not sure yet which is warmer, these or the full chaps. I think if they could figure out how to do sheepskin lined full chaps I'd be the coziest rider on the planet. Though I feel like fully lined full chaps might be impossible to move in. Probably why they don't exist. 

That's it for this holiday! It was fun having a silly outfit again. I think the next one will be for St Patty's day if I remember. The last few years I've somehow forgotten all about that holiday. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! I didn’t do anything specific for valentines but maybe will for st Pattie’s…..

    ReplyDelete