Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

This week's confession is that I'm feeling a little mid winter slump. We had fake spring this past weekend which had me feeling super motivated and looking forward to spring/summer and being back home with the horses. Hopefully by that time Eros will be back in work too. Lots to look forward to! But then, winter came back with a full on snowstorm today. Gross. It brought the cold with it too. Double gross. So now I'm back to feeling very unmotivated. Fortunately, Al isn't the kind of horse to let me slack off, so we're still plugging along. But still. It's not as fun as it is when it's actually warm out. 

I figure tomorrow and or the next day will be its own special torture when the snow comes off the roof of the indoor while I'm riding. I regularly question why I love living in New England when this time of year rolls around. I for sure need to start playing the lottery so I can be a proper snowbird someday. 

6 comments:

  1. I am with you. I’m looking at the dump of snow outside and trying to marshal myself to go deal with it. After this coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Ours turned to ice, so there's no moving it now! Oh winter.

      Delete
  2. Not gonna lie, I’m not sorry I got out of town right before the storm… looked icky. Hopefully mild conditions return soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a good plan! It wasn't too bad, but it brought the cold. Yuck!

      Delete
  3. I too have winter doldrums! I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like spring should be so close, and then it snows. Lol! Hopefully sunshine and warm weather soon!

      Delete