Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Throwing it back a little further...

 


I know what you're thinking... Stacie, what could you possibly still be riding in that's older than your chaps? But guys, I'm OLD. So I have lots of old stuff! And you know, in the old days, when you bought quality things, they LASTED. Today's vintage item is Al's saddle pad. Which admittedly you've seen before. But this time I paired it with my full chaps which is a whole different, ULTRA VINTAGE experience. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone around to snap a pic of everything together from afar. So you'll have to use your imagination a little. All that said. We'll start with Al's outfit so as not to leave you hanging too long.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Dark Jewel Designs

See that stretched out nose? It was on its way over to accost me. He loves me like that.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Personalized Products
Half Pad: Mattes
There it is! Isn't it beautiful? I love these pads. I have two, this one and one that's a few years newer that says Moo-moo. The underside is similar to the white pads we show hunters in, but is a natural color like sheepskin. This pad here I got at Harrisburg when I was showing Bud in the juniors. I'm not 100% sure which year, but I think it was probably '95. Which would make this pad 29 years old. You can see a little wear on the piping at the back, but like, that's pretty good for its age. I actually want to reach out to Personalized Products and see about getting a few of these made in solid colors. You know... bring them into this century. Ha!

Boots: Eskadron
Yeah, we're still using these. They match our outfit!

That's what Al wore this week, and here's what I had on:

The inner layers:
And the outer layers:
Winter, am I right? When you can wear an outfit that no one even sees. Also though, these breeches were a poor choice to wear with chaps... It kinda looks like I have no pants on. Not my best choice. 

Helmet: Samshield
This is a very unflattering selfie I took whilst on Al. Like why is my helmet so high?

Sweater: Old Navy
I picked this sweater up in this color and a camel color because they were crazy cheap and washable. I like them, they're warm, and super soft. I'm not sure they'll have a long life though. The quality is about what you expect for the price point. 

Belt: Noble Outfitters
This belt was pretty much an exact match to green of the sweater AND the shade of tan to the breeches. You almost can't see the piping it's so close. Which is impressive because these breeches are kind of a weird shade. Weird in a good way. But still weird. 

Breeches: Romfh 
The camera really wants to wash the color out on these. The actual color is most similar to the photo of the belt. I'd call it a cognac color. Whatever the shade, I like the pants a lot. They're really comfortable and the length is just right.

Chaps: Journeyman
Paddock Boots: Celeris UK
Yes, same as last week. I've been living in my chaps lately. I'm SO happy I resurrected them. They're really starting to soften back up to their former glory and are also smelling better. They were pretty musty when I first rescued them from my mom's garage. 


Here are the chaps and pad together. Can you believe I've stuck with the same barn colors for all of these years?! Also, how vintage and amazing are they together? 


5 comments:

  1. i love a lot of old school stuff, and that saddle pad is definitely super cute.... but not gonna lie, i LOVE more modern saddle pads with technical material and better cut shapes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do also, but this one is still wonderful! It's super soft which I like better than a lot of more modern pads that are pretty stiff and/or overfilled. I would like it better if it had a little more shape along the top, but since it doesn't have a spine at all, the lack of shape isn't so problematic.

      Delete
  2. They look great! (And very warm LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why this came up Anonymous LOL. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure why blogger keeps doing that to people! Thanks for outing yourself! LOL!

      Delete