Thursday, February 29, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! And it's not green! We switched back to blue. Shiny is our model today so we'll start with what she wore. 

She looks good in every color I swear. What a nugget.

Bridle: Pinnacle
Brow Band: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
Her previous bridle that donned this brow band was the Camelot one. At some point last year I started phasing those out and sold most of them. I switched the boys over before Shiny because I sold both of those first. I kept using hers until we moved home when I finally got around to getting her one of these Pinnacle bridles for the blue brow band. This one seems to run a little small though. The noseband fits well, but the cheek pieces are only on the second hole. They do line up with her eye nicely though, so obviously it will get the job done. For the price of these, you can't expect perfection. 

Boots: Eskadron

I know, these LOOK just like the boots we've been using the last few weeks. But those are green, and these are navy. So they are different! I really like these boots for winter. They're a little too hot for summer, but perfect for the rest of the year.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
I'm still pretty sad you can't get these pads from Hufglocken anymore at super duper sale prices. But I still love the pads. 10/10 highly recommend.

That's what Shiny had on, and here's what I wore:

It was pretty warm out yesterday when I took outfit pics so I got to wear less layers than we're used to! I still wore a vest over top, but didn't also need a coat. So that was nice! Today was back to 30's though. Yuck.

Helmet: Samshield
I really need to clean this thing off. It's quite dusty at the moment. I can't get over how purple it is now! Reminiscent of the old velvet helmets that faded over the years. I kinda like it.

Sweater: Ariat
I've always loved these Ariat sweaters. They are a wool blend so are warm but light weight. Unfortunately, I think this one is getting toward the end of its life span. It's really losing its shape suddenly and the bottom hem is all lumpy. No holes yet though, so I'll probably keep wearing it to the barn. Good enough for horsing around in!

Belt: Unsure of brand
I've been enjoying wearing all my retro stuff lately, so I pulled this belt out to put back in rotation. These were super popular in the late 90's and early 00's. I got this one the summer after my freshman year of college, which would have been '99 for those keeping track of my advanced age. It's still in perfect shape and it's completely adjustable so will fit forever.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
Nothing too exciting about these. Just a gray pair of TS. I still find TS to be my best fitting breeches. 

Boots: DeNiro
You guys haven't seen these in awhile! It's been too cold to wear them, but yesterday was lovely so I busted them out. I gotta say, I don't love these boots. I was always pretty happy with my De Niro boots, but this pair... not as much. They're wearing out on the inside, and now one of the zippers is starting to stick. They were a really good deal, so no regrets. But I think I should stick with Celeris and maybe Romitelli for future boots. 

That's it for today! Any favorites? How's the weather where you are? 

2 comments:

  1. lol my helmet and all my tack is so dusty too from riding so much in the indoor ring, womp womp... tis the season i guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the season for dusty indoors! But it's finally warming up, so hopefully we'll get outside soon!

      Delete