Wednesday, December 13, 2023

What's Up Wednesday

 


I spent most of the weekend stewing about things, and then got my covid booster on Sunday evening. That wore me out enough to stop stewing, so we're mostly back to our regularly scheduled lives over here. 

As mentioned last week, Al hasn't had a lesson since the failed one a week ago. Unfortunately, I had forgotten how semi unrideable Al gets when he doesn't jump a couple times a week. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to try again with lessons, so I signed him up for a training ride tomorrow. That way he'll get to jump, I'll get a day off from his antics, and hopefully he'll feel satiated for the rest of the week as far as jumping goes. And then maybe next week I'll rescind my decision about not lessoning him until after the New Year. We'll see. I do want to jump too. I'm petty enough to do things out of spite, but I don't want to spite myself, ya know? So we shall take things day by day. 


Eros saw the vet on Friday for his lameness exam and unfortunately, we are waiting for a second visit for a diagnosis. After the initial under saddle exam, doc thought it was the same old right front problem that crops up from time to time. If you recall, he has a tendon that's attached sort of backwards and sometimes it gets angry. So he blocked that area and that didn't help. So we worked our way up the leg, finally getting somewhere just below the knee. Since he was blocked, he couldn't get an ultrasound that day, but did get x-rays of the knee to rule out anything boney. There's not much swelling, just a touch right below the knee, but in an area that I didn't even feel or see. X-rays were clean, but doc said it doesn't mean he didn't bruise something there. Other potential diagnoses are a high bow, though doc doesn't really see anything that would suggest that other than his age, or a suspensory attachment issue. But again, not much swelling, so that isn't necessarily the culprit either. We just have to wait until he comes back to image and hopefully find whatever IT is. In the meantime, we're tack walking and enjoying each other's company. Which honestly, is pretty lovely this time of year anyway. Also, since he's a pretty laid back dude, we haven't restricted his turnout yet either. So he's quite happy enjoying a little break from work. 


Shiny had the best week in awhile if you ask her! Since her brothers were both problems this week, she got to do all the lessons. Okay, well not all of them, but she took Eros' Thursday morning lesson AND did one Saturday morning. Thursday she was a little spicy, but in all the best ways. she was quick and taking me to the fences, but not in a lean on the front end and charge around sort of way. More like an uphill jumper pony sort of way. It was lots of fun, though when she rubbed a rail I was a little worried there might be theatrics on the other side. She kept it to a minimum though, thankfully! Saturday she was perfect. She marched around the full course so nicely! Forward, but not fresh, and in a much more lovely huntery shape. We both had the best time. I just love her. She feels so much better after her vet work a few weeks ago. And she gets body work I think next week too. Lucky pony. Thursday lessons are canceled until after the New Year so she will just get one for the next few weeks on Saturdays. But that's enough for now anyway. 

We took our holiday photos this weekend for our very late cards (the ones with the typos) so the pics here today are from that. A little sneak peak. The actual compilation is completely ridiculous. I love it. Typo and all! Ha!

In other news, I got to braid a very sweet horse today for some holiday photos. Her name is Brie, so her people had a cheese charm for her to wear. So cute!


Hope you all had a great week and weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. those blankets are so cute omg haha! and yea.... i'm definitely petty enough to do things out of spite too... but every now and again have to talk myself off the ledge when the spite gets between me and a potentially happier place... good luck figuring out next steps with Al!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... the saga continues and I'm chewing away on a spite sandwich! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I love those blankets. And I too am sometimes driven by spite. Glad I’m not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute?! I'm such a sucker for cute holiday apparel.
      I think it's human nature to some extent. A little spite makes the world go round... Or something like that. Lol!

      Delete