Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Sometimes I make mental notes to use something ridiculous I did for a truthful Tuesday post, and I do recall having that thought this past week at some point, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was that I did. So I guess it wasn't all that ridiculous. Or not enough to leave an impression.

Instead I shall confess that I am VERY MUCH enjoying a small break from all the stuff at home with a quick trip to Florida to visit my dad and stepmom. And I feel so much relief. When I get back, the Florida crew at home will be south, and I can get back to things with Al without so much drama encircling us. Very much looking forward to that. I know it seems ridiculous to need a vacation from my basically retired life, but I've never felt like I needed one more than right now. So good timing. 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break. It’s okay to need a rest. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning as I get older that even if you're doing only the things you love, you can still need a break from the day to day. And that's okay.

      Delete
  2. woo hoo, glad you got an escape from the bitter end, and hopefully things feel fresh and renewed when you get back from florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta tell you, it did a world of good! Al is still... a challenge, but I feel refreshed and ready to figure it out.

      Delete