Thursday, December 7, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Night 1 of Chanukah Edition

 

Happy Outfit Day everyone! It's the first night of Chanukah so Eros and I decided to start a little early and dressed up for our ride today. Today's outfit is not a new one, but it's super fun, so I'm sure you'll still enjoy. Here's what E had on:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Home made by me


I really can't stop with the wooden beads. They're just so cute! 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Equine Star
Half Pad: Mattes

Chanukah pad for the win! I love a good festive saddle pad. 

Boots: Equine Star
I mean... you gotta have matching boots. Right?

That's E had on today, and here's what I wore:
Please excuse the baskets of Chanukah attire all over the floor...

It was ridiculously cold here today for December. I don't think it ever got above 35F. Fortunately, when having this outfit made, I planned for all weather scenarios. You just never know with Chanukah if it will be tee shirt weather or ALL THE LAYERS weather. Best to be prepared. I wore my Samshield and black De Niro boots, which you're already tired of seeing, so I'm not sharing those today.

Tops: ArtsCow
It's tough to tell in this photo, because they are all the same print, but I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, and a puffy vest. I sadly also had to layer a coat over this for the barn today so the true fabulousness of this outfit was not fully on display. But we know. And that's what matters.

Belt: C4
I think I want to get a new belt for next year. Or maybe I need to actually needle point the one I have a kit for... But this one is looking a little worn these days.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I don't wear this pair a ton as they are pretty bright and don't match a lot of shirts I have. So why did I buy them you ask? They are perfect for Chanukah week! I got them secondhand in a bundle with another color I had been hunting hard for. It was a great deal, so I figured why not. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Okay, yeah. These aren't Chanukah socks (I have some en route though!) but they did match the outfit kinda. So I went with it. I SHOULD have worn some of my heavier knee high Chanukah socks though. My toes were frozen solid all day. 

So that's it for night 1! Well sort of. Rita and I still have Chanukah jammies for bed time. You'll probably see those on Insta if you're on there.

2 comments: