Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


OUTFIT DAY! Since it's summer, I decided to bust out the pastels today. Plus I've been slowly accumulating all the pieces for this outfit and I finally have them all! And no, it's not a Barbie outfit. Though I do have plans for one of those at some point. Eros prefers not to model pastels (nor pink!) so Al stepped up to model this week. Shiny might be the more obvious choice, but she just had a turn. And truthfully, I LOVE Al in both pastels and neons. He really is fun to dress up. We'll start with his outfit:

Dawwww!!! Look how cute he looks! Also, we need slightly cooler weather (only slightly, I prefer quiet Al) so Al can get to working harder. He's developed a bit of a dad bod.

Bridle: Winner Special

Ugh. Blogger is being awful about photos lately. It's a struggle to access them and the quality is terrible too. Hopefully they fix that soon! Anyway, I'm not sure if you remember, but I found these super cute brown and rose gold bridles from a tack store in Italy for an absolute steal. I'm still impressed with how much nicer crappy Italian leather is than crappy English leather. Like seriously. So much better. Soft like butter. I'm not a fan of the buckles at the bit connections, but since these are rose gold I've made an exception. 

Boots: Eskadron
These are only fuzzy on the edges and the rest is a mesh fabric so they aren't super hot which is nice for summer. I love the color! They are a few seasons old already so a little tough to find these days in this color. But they are readily available in other colors.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Stephens

Equus Now had a big summer sale a bit ago, and had I think it was 20% off Ogilvy baby pads that were in stock. And what luck, they had this one available! Love it. The half pad I've had awhile now. It's not my favorite because it doesn't have a channel down the middle. But the horses don't seem to mind it and I don't use it all that often. So it's doing the job I need it for. It's a little hard to tell from this photo, but it's a cute baby pink color.

So that's what Al wore today, and here's what I had on:

That's right, we match! Of course!

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
Soooo.... I had to retire my gray One K AND my lilac with pink Charles Owen due to age. Which was a sad day. But a happy day was when I saw this new gray (with MIPS!) One K on overstock sale at Horseloverz. And an even happier day was when I saw that they had released new insert colors and lilac was one of them! I had to get those from Hypostore because they're not in the US yet. But I don't mind shopping overseas. I used the rose gold rail I already had to really match my boots.

Tank top: Marika

My outfit was kind of thrown together because I'm  little behind on laundry and the weather. What I really wanted to wear with this outfit was my light pink seamless shirt, but it was too hot for that. So I dug through the closet and found this tank. It's very thin as evidenced by being able to see my sports bra through it... And was perfect for the hot day here today.

Belt: Mane Jane
This strap is little darker than I might prefer for this outfit, but I've deemed it close enough. And the rose gold buckle was the obvious choice!

Breeches: RJ Classics
Again... laundry problems here... Ha. I have a pair of Tailord's that match the boots better, but they are currently in the laundry. I considered pulling them out and wearing them dirty, but I had already sprayed them with oxi clean so I opted out of that. These are close enough anyway.

Boots: Celeris

I think these are finally almost finished bleeding onto my saddle. I noticed it a little bit on Al's saddle which is the darkest, but not nearly as much as past rides. I do love these boots. They're nearly broken in which is very exciting! Only three of my many pairs of Celeris boots are my current measurements. This pair, the mint ones, and my show ones. All the others are my old measurements which are too big these days. They're absolutely still usable, but it is really nice to ride in boots that are actually custom to me as I am now once in awhile. 

So that's it for today! Any favorite things from today?

No comments:

Post a Comment