Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

I know, you're waiting to hear all about our horse show! But that's a story for another day. Because it's super late and I have nothing to confess about that day. Today's confession? It's that my horses' manes currently look like this:


Okay, this one is after I started working on it... 
I forgot a before shot of E.


Okay, well, currently they are looking a little bit better than this. I started fixing them today. But they aren't significantly better yet. Al's is actually. He's the easiest. His mane isn't too thick, it's easy to pull, and he stands like a gentleman for it. The other two really don't look much better yet. I had to cut some of the length off because they were way too long to pull all of it. But E ad Shiny both hate having their manes pulled, so it will take awhile to get them where I want them. Baby steps. But I'm glad to have gotten started. Because these before shots are so bad! Especially considering I'm a semi-professional braider! I mean, I can do this:


So there is really no reason my manes should EVER look like they do above! Sheesh. I'm the worst. 


6 comments:

  1. I went on strike with Ben's mane while we were sorting out his injections. Wasn't going to put in the work if he wasn't going to be sound LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that! I kind of do the same thing, until I realize how feral they look and then I do it anyway.

      Delete
  2. I confess that you should probably not look at my horses’ manes. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's different, you want them long on purpose!

      Delete
  3. Peebs' mane is killing me. I know it doesn't matter what his mane looks like since he's retired, but I can only let it get so long before my hunter princess takes over and shortens it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was with Rio when he retired. I'd let it get long, then hate it and shorten it again.

      Delete