Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thursday's Threads: July 4th Edition

 

Outfit day! It's a festive one! I realize July 4th was earlier in the week, but I can't let a good theme pass right by. It's just not who I am as a person. Al is our model this week, so we'll start with his outfit.

He really just wore blue because I forgot I have a red saddle pad that I was saving for this week.... And really in retrospect I think the beer pong outfit would have also been fun. But anyway, this is what we had.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I really dropped the ball on the bridle. At the very least I should have used the blue ribbon browband. I am taking a pass though, as I whined all about our exhausting week yesterday.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Lettia
Half Pad: Ippico
I think the tye dye has a fireworks feel so that's why I went with this one. Also, I need to oil this saddle...

Boots: Horze
These were a perfect choice for a muddy ride. They don't have fleece for the dirt to stick to, and the mud just wiped right off when we were done.

That's what Al had on, and here's what I chose for the day:

Looking back, it appears this top has been my go to for July 4th for the last like 7 years. Maybe next year I'll get a new top... probably not though. Lol!

Helmet: One K CCS Mips
I love the color of this helmet. It could use a good dusting though!

Tank: TeeSpring
I just think this graphic is adorable. Especially for the 4th of July! I have it in a long sleeve too in case it's ever cool for the holiday. Gotta be prepared.

Belt: Duftler
I still love these spur belts from Sandy Duftler. I'm not sure they are as popular as they used to be, but I think they're really classy looking. 

Breeches: Dover
I've been hunting for awhile now for a bright ass pair of red breeches. I'm generally very much not a red person. But twice a year (July 4th and Xmas) I want to wear bright red pants. I've had a few different pairs over the years, but I think I've finally found the keeper pair. They are really comfortable too. Dover does a nice job with breeches. 

Boots: Pioneer
If these boots don't look like a firework.... I snagged these second hand off the dressage boot addicts anonymous page on FB. They weren't ever ridden in, but I do think they have some defects. I paid hardly anything for them, so no complaints from me! They're a hair too tall so I have some heel lifts in for now until they drop. The other issue, the snap tab behind the knee is so short, it doesn't snap closed. Like even if I'm not wearing them. If I do snap it (whilst not wearing them) you have to fold the zipper over itself to get it closed. I'm not sure what they were thinking? Definitely a defect. But since I will never show in them, it's not a thing. I just leave them open. Also one of the zippers is wonky, and will break at some point. But for now, they're fine. And again, I paid so little for them, it's not really a thing if I have to replace the zippers at some point. They're super fun looking anyway!

And that's it for this holiday! Any favorites? Have you had Pioneer boots? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment