Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Today's confession is that I have not been working my fat pony enough lately. Some of it is my fault, some is mother nature's. I had been riding her twice a day every day for several weeks. But then it got very hot and humid and I didn't feel like twice a day rides were appropriate. So we were still riding every day of course, but only once. Then this weekend came. Saturday was fine, but Sunday it just poured buckets all day. I rode at the other barn, but my horses had the day off. They also had Monday off as I had a lot of things to do and I like to try and keep their schedule the same. Then today, she had a free lunge as work #1. But when I got on to ride her, it started lightning 5 minutes in. We don't ride in lightning. And then the sky opened up. So she wound up not riding AGAIN! Sheesh. Hopefully we can get back on track soon. I swear she's looking fatter again already. 


2 comments:

  1. The weather has been awful for riding. But even worse for hay. I am getting worried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that is the truth! Fortunately, my fat kids mostly get first cut, and I think that went okay in NY this year. Fingers crossed you can get what you need!

      Delete