Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! I finally just accepted that I am who I am and I'm not bringing any more helmets or horse boots out to the boarding barn. But I came up with a great solution! I wore navy and green too! Hahahaha! Good thing they compliment each other... Anyway, Shiny is our model this week! Let's see what she wore.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs

I took her noseband off the bridle while her face heals. She doesn't need it anyway. I think she looks kinda cute without it!

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
I still really like these pads. If you're looking for a pad with the half pad built in and don't want to spend your life savings, I definitely recommend these. 

Boots: Punk Ponies
Punk Ponies boots still are probably the best fit for her. Often times size small horse boots are just a little too long for her. Punk Ponies actually has two sizes for ponies and these fit her perfectly. They are regular pony size, the other is small pony that's available. It's nice to have those options. Many pony boots run smaller so they'll fit smalls and mediums, but then they don't work for Shiny. 

So that's what Shiny had on for outfit day this week, and here's what I wore:
I went with another sweater this week. Sweaters do feel so much classier that a giant hoody. But still love me a giant hoody.

Helmet: One K MIPS
Yep, still wearing this one. It's dirty. Keepin' it real here at Amateur at Large!

Sweater: Amazon
I was on the hunt for some not too expensive Merino sweaters for the barn and found this one. Unfortunately, it's so blended that there isn't all that much merino in it, and thus, it's not super warm. It's a nice enough sweater though, and I'll get plenty of use out of it. I like the color a lot!

Belt: Mare Goods by C4
Mare Goods has the cutest prints, and this is one of my favorites. Maybe it's the color scheme or maybe the apples... I'm not sure. But I think it's adorable.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
This is one of my favorites shades of blue. I need to sell these breeches as they're a little too big on me, but I also want to make sure I can replace them in a size smaller. 

Socks: Mare Goods by Dreamers and Schemers
Told you I liked this print... Clearly I needed the sock/belt outfit. I've had them both for some time now and I wear them all the time. 

Boots: Tredstep
I hate to say it, but these boots aren't doing well guys. The one I had sewn at the start of the season has another huge hole at the seam. And the left one has a broken snap up at the top so now the zipper falls down. I do have a backup pair, but I'm trying really hard to save those for next year. I would have hoped they'd hold up a little longer, but to be fair, I do ride four horses in them everyday. Perhaps I need to adjust my expectations. 

So that's what we wore this week! Any favorites? Nice solution to the mismatched helmet and boots, right?! <<Pats self on the back>>

8 comments:

  1. Good thing you both look so good in navy and green! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Could you imagine if the barn had bad colors?!

      Delete
  2. GIRL. I'm just saying, my wool-lined Celeris are the actual greatest thing ever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to follow up with you on them! So they keep your feet from going numb? I'll feel very relieved if they can replace these warmest boots ever!

      Delete
    2. They are sooooooo warm it's stupid. I wish I cared about them less so I could wear them everywhere all winter, but I'm only letting myself ride in them.

      Delete
    3. Oh that's exciting! Okay, I will feel less sad about these boots dying then! Lol!

      Delete
  3. basically anything that's cozy and comfortable works for me these days!!

    ReplyDelete