Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Truthful Tuesday: Trailer Confessions

 

So... I brought my horses home on April 30th. A week ago Friday. But I still haven't parked my trailer back in its spot. What's taking me so long you ask? Well, I was inspired by Jen's post to wash and wax the trailer and I can't really do that when it's tucked away in its spot next to the trees. And it kept raining here! Plus, I was kind of procrastinating because I knew it would be a several hour project.

The Before.

I used the same products as Jen in her post, so click the link above to Jen's post if you're interested. It's basically like Windex for trailers, spray and wipe. But you're probably wondering what my confession is... Um. Well. I didn't do the top. 

I have a big ladder in the barn, but it's heavy and a little broken, and I didn't feel like dealing with it. So I just used my braiding ladder, the wheel wells, and the back of the truck to give me height. I'm 5'2" so that's still not much height. I could reach all of the white parts easily from my ladder, but the silver part at the top and the roof didn't get done. And there were some spots on the weather stripping that I couldn't get fully clean. But at least it's mostly done? 

It took FOREVER, and probably the next time it's due for a wash and wax, I may hire a pro so they can do the roof too. Since the horses have Monday off, I had a day to dedicate, but it took a full four and a half hours and that was without doing the roof! 

I still haven't parked her because I have a little organizing I want to do in there, which is also easier when it's facing this direction (otherwise the tack room door is against the trees). Plus I have to pull into the road and then back it in which is tough to do on a weekday here. I live on the corner of two state roads that get very busy. Sunday mornings are the best time for that.

So that's my confession. I only washed and waxed like 90% of my trailer after leaving it hooked up in the middle of the driveway for a week. Good thing I live alone! 

Anything you need to confess today?

12 comments:

  1. I too didn't do my roof when I did the Shadow, so you're in good company. It looks great! That's a LOT of trailer to do, good on you for even getting 90% of it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lord, my trailer is so gross right now... ugh, and the truck too. both live under a tree and are completely neglected. so. uh. yea, lol. that's my confession too LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. My truck is also disgusting. It's due for an oil change though, so maybe I'll just have it detailed while it's there... Lol!

      Delete
  3. All these trailer posts are reminding me mine is due for an acid wash (it's not the white aluminum, just the silver), and I definitely pay someone to do that, hahaha. I'm impressed with what you got done though, you have a huge trailer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't quite realize how big until I was about 1/3 of the way in... And then I had regrets.

      Delete
  4. It looks so clean and shiny! No need to do the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, no one can see the top lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the birds! And they'll probably poop on it anyway.

      Delete
  6. Looks great - as a short person I totally get not attempting the top. That happens to me when I bath Fred!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Every time my vet had to inject Jamp's back, he would judge me for not cleaning the spine area on his rump very well. I would always tell him, I brush it, but I can't see if it's clean or not!

      Delete