Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

I know I write about my disdain for house cleaning fairly regularly. But well... I have a lot of confessions pertaining to cleaning (or not cleaning) my house, what can I say? So anyway, I spent my Monday this week doing a good floor cleaning throughout the house. I've been terrible about really washing the floors (confession 1), though I do vacuum regularly. (Promise!) 
So obviously, before washing the floor, you have to vacuum to get all the dog hair and what not out of the way. But you guys, I got about halfway through and I broke my vacuum (confession #2). Fortunately, I only broke the canister the dirt goes into, and they are fairly inexpensive to replace. But now I have to wait for that to get here before I can finish the last two rooms. So annoying when you find the motivation to actually do this task you hate, and then you get sidelined by a broken vacuum. Stupid. At least I got the kitchen and bathroom finished. They're the most likely to be icky anyway.


12 comments:

  1. After we moved into this house... which is like 90% tile on the main floor, I bought a Tineco. Life. Changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I have a dyson (similar) and being cordless make it so much better!!! (When I haven't broken it...)

      Delete
  2. You're making me remember I need to give my floors a deep cleaning 🙈 I run the robot vacuum daily but I do need to do some more in depth hand cleaning. At least you broke a part that's easy to replace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning the floors is just so thankless. It lasts like twenty minutes then they're dirty again.

      Delete
  3. I am having such a hard time keeping on top of my house chores. It doesn't help that our new house is twice the size of our old house, but regardless, I'm not doing well. So much so that I've hired my friend to help me with house chores a few hours a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paying someone else to clean was the best thing I did in my past life. Some day I will do it again, just for my own happiness!

      Delete
  4. Ugh. house chores. We installed a central vac this winter and we have these kick plates you open with your foot and just sweep stuff into. Magic! Works v. well with me tracking in hay etc from the barn and all the pets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has that in his house! It's so cool!

      Delete
  5. Ugh you reminding me I have been neglecting our floor, at least we don't have a dog.. though one visited and his little corgi floofs have been rolling around like tumbleweed.

    Hopefully your cannister gets here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet! The pug hair can get a bit tumbleweedy too...
      I hope it arrives soon too! The one carpet is looking very... puggish.

      Delete