Wednesday, May 26, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 


We're working on finding a routine here at home, and I think it's going pretty well! We pop over a few fences twice a week and work on the flat the other days. 

Monday continues to be their day off. Sundays are a fun day usually reserved for bareback meanderings. 



I had a great little jump school with Eros on Saturday. It was pretty hot out, so that may have helped my cause, but I'll take it anyway I can get it! He was soft all the way around and I was able to just keep a nice canter and the fences came out of stride for the most part.


Apparently I jump ahead now...

Shiny is still a work in progress over fences. She's been great, but is still trying to figure out how to hold herself together while cantering at jumps. It's hard for a lil pony with a big human! I think I need to start flatting her more uphill. If you watch her video clip, you can see I can get her back in a frame for the turns, but as soon as she locks onto the next fence her head comes up. I wouldn't mind that so much if she kept her back up, but she kind of hollows out, and then jumps hollow as well. It's just more time, practice, and strength though. We'll get there!




Things are fine with Pammony. He loves when I come hang out with him to ice in his turnout:

He's also started transitioning to turnout on grass in preparation of his move to living outdoors 24/7. He LOVES it!
It will certainly be weird not spending so much time with him, but I know it's the right move for him. I can't wait to see him hanging out with his new buddies. I think he's really going to enjoy herd life. The horses he will live with may disagree... He's possibly the most annoying (in an endearing way of course) horse on the planet. I think he may get bit a lot... Hopefully he'll learn about boundaries while he's out there.

In other cute news, the barn owner's baby horse was born last week. I wanted to wait until she shared him on social before I shared him here. But she has now, so here you go, some baby cuteness from the day he was born:



He and his mom live right across from Pammon so I can creep on him easily. He's already grown a ton in just under a week. He gets up and down easily and quickly now, and has figured out how to twist his little head to eat. So adorable. They get lots of visitors since it's a pretty busy place, and he seems to love all the attention. Will be fun to watch him grow up!

8 comments:

  1. I love your ring! They look great, Eros in particular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like my ring, though I do wish it was just a little bigger and flatter. Does the job though!

      Delete
  2. Babies horses just make me so 🥰🥰🥰 I miss having a baby horse!

    And yay for some fun jompies at home, and Pammon starting to acclimate to his chance to be a feral wild pony on pasture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so precious! He was sucking on my finger today. SO CUTE!

      Delete
  3. What's the breeding on the baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom is by Zirocco Blue and dad is Impressive VDL.
      They hope he'll grow up to be a big jumper.

      Delete
  4. That bareback pad looks SO comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great. I thought it might feel too much like a saddle, but it really doesn't. You can still feel everything you want to and not the parts you don't... I would not get on Eros with his pointy withers without it! Ha!

      Delete