Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! It's Fake Friday! I love when Fake Friday happens on a Wednesday. I'm SO excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Normally I run the Turkey Trot in the morning which is a local five mile race. But I think I'm skipping it this year thanks to my throbbing face. (I should have scheduled this tooth extraction for AFTER Thanksgiving. Oops.) But instead of running I can fit in a ride and meet up with the family earlier that usual. We all congregate at my brother and sister-in-law's house which is only a five minute drive for me. My sister-in-law, her mom, and my mom do all of the cooking, so I just get to show up, hang with my niece, and stuff my face. I. Cannot. Wait.
It's that funny time of year around these parts. The weather is getting a little questionable for riding every day, but Jamp and I are doing our best.


I even got Rio out for a lunge this weekend so I could get a better idea of how that foot of his is doing. He had a flare up where that proud flesh had been. My farrier has been extra careful not to cut into that area so we don't run into that again, but it makes it tough to figure out what's going on. Anyway, he looked pretty good on the lunge line! Not perfect, but not terrible. I think he had fun too. He was shaking his head and bouncing around a little. Wild old man...
I could stare at his handsomeness all day...

The puggers have been laying low trying to stay warm. They're a little dramatic. Especially Artie. He takes his bed and drags it on top of the heat vent and lays there. ALL DAY. He's too much. Smart boy.

I guess that's about all that's really been going on around here. It's quiet with just the two horses, which is nice since work has been a little crazy. After my miserable tooth extraction on Monday, I've been laying low in the evenings. Jampy had two days off (spoiled!) but I think I'll lunge him tonight and ride him the rest of the week/weekend. Maybe we'll even get to jump a little too! The most exciting news to come is that Romey should arrive Saturday morning. I am so excited to finally meet him! Fear not, there will be pictures. Definitely follow me on Instagram if you can't wait! There's a button to the right to add me.
I'm hoping to stop being lazy and catch up on some blog posts this weekend. I have a Heart to Horse box to review, an awesome giveaway prize that I won to share, and a recap of that 5K I ran earlier in the month.
Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving? What sorts of traditions do you and your family have? Are you running a Turkey Trot? Tell me all about it in the comments! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Rio is so handsome! I used crushed up tylenol in vaseline once on proudflesh (recommended by a friend of a friend) and it worked like a charm. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He thinks so too ;) Not bad for an old man!
      That's good to know! No one suggested anything of the sort to me. What worked eventually was wonder dust. But I'll definitely try the Tylenol and Vaseline if we encounter it again. (I'm hoping NOT!) I bet the Tylenol helps with the pain some too. Wonder Dust does not, and the poor guy was quite uncomfortable. All they would let me give him was Bute.

      Delete
  2. Thank you!
    FriYay is my favorite day!

    ReplyDelete