Thursday, November 12, 2015

The case of the missing packages...

Oh my goodness! I just had to fill you all in on my stolen packages. On Monday, Staples accidentally left packages at my house that were not addressed to me. I called them to let them know (which for some reason took ELEVEN minutes). They sent someone on Tuesday to pick them up. Which they did. The driver called when he arrived to let me know he was taking them. As far as I knew, case closed on the Staples saga.
But NO!!
Evidently, they dispatched another driver to come get the packages yesterday. When he arrived, he saw the packages that UPS had left for me on my doorstep and assumed they were the extraneous Staples items. I guess no one reads labels anymore. So without double checking anything, he takes the packages and goes about his day. I make a gazillion phone calls and disrupt my regular UPS driver's day looking for my packages. Admitted defeat in the evening and started the claim with the shop I had ordered from, and spoke with my vet to get new documents.
Then, at 10 AM this morning, I get a phone call from yet another Staples driver. He has my packages and is leaving them at my house for me. WHAT?!
I'm glad the story has a happy ending. And I'm REALLY glad Ducky will be able to ship this weekend. Does this stuff happen to anyone else?

12 comments:

  1. Living in a very rural area we have stolen packages all the time, but mine is more like, the FedEx driver doesn't care AT ALL so he'll deliver my packages to the first house he stops at on my street then just leaves, assuming I'll get it. I rarely ever get it.

    I hate FedEx with a passion, all for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That guy is LAZY! Is that even legal? I knowing deliver things to the wrong address?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know it! I jokingly told someone at work, "I bet it was the Staples guy." And literally like 10 minutes later they called me to tell me what happened. My coworkers were all, "that did not just happen..."

      Delete
  3. wow.. that got confusing!

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck?! That's so crazy... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, FedEx - we use them where I work and the number of delivery complaints sky-rocketed when we switched to them from UPS. Glad the Staples guy was at least honest enough to return your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fedex is terrible. But their prices are amazing which is why they get so much business (my company uses them too).

      Delete