Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Truthful Tuesday


So you remember how I ran 13.1 miles on Saturday? And you remember how I'm on a diet and lost 3 lbs? Well today's Truthful Tuesday is the antithesis of all that.

Saturday after my very slow 13.1, I took a shower and drove an hour and 20 minutes to Beval Saddlery. They had extended their sale and I knew it was fate for me not to miss it. (Despite my self imposed semi-shopping ban, the Beval annual sale in February is always allowed. ALWAYS!) I did a little credit card damage, but nothing out of control (good girl!) and then drove the hour and 20 minutes home.

And then I realized I was starving. STARVING. I was supposed to be celebrating my dad's birthday with dinner, but had gotten a call that we were postponing until Sunday night. So I called up my mom and asked if she wanted to get a burger with me. And this my friends, is where I confess to you my indiscretion.

I picked up mom, and we headed not to a delicious gourmet burger joint. Oh no. We went for the fast food variety. But oh how delicious.... Our destination? Jake's Way Back Burgers. SO. MUCH. YUM.

I had a single cheeseburger with a slice of tomato, homemade potato chips, and a water. Mom had a chicken club and fries so we could share our side dishes. But I had asked for plain chips and they gave me barbeque. I was ok with it, but the nice kid who took my order noticed and was like no I'll bring you fresh plain ones. I was like really it's ok. But low and behold he brought me a to go container full of fresh chips!  On the way out, I also ordered a large shake for dessert. After dropping off mom, I arrived home, drank the shake, and housed the chips.


Clearly the diet needed a day off anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment