Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit day! As promised, we are back to our regular schedule programming this week with a riding outfit. Shiny wanted to model this week, and who am I to deny her? So here's what she is wearing:

She is going to be SO sooty this summer! I thought she was muddy the first day back from vacation and was trying to curry the dirt out, until eventually I realized that was her summer color coming in. I can't wait to see when it's all in! She's going to be extra pretty. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs
Shiny's bridle is the newest of my JS bridles, and I love the changes they've made to them. The other ones we have, the noseband is the traditional type, and goes through and over the crown piece. This newer model is a mono crown and I really like it a lot better. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
The Premier Equine pads aren't as affordable as they were years ago, but they're still a really nice product. We've had this brown one for a couple years now, and it's holding up beautifully. 

Boots: Busse
These boots are pretty new. I really like them! They're actually mesh, the only fuzzy part is on the edges. They fit nicely which can be tricky for Shiny. 10/10 highly recommend.

So that's what Shiny is wearing this week, and here's what I had on:

Yeah, it's cold again. All the layers are back out. All of them. 

Helmet: Samshield
See that thing on my chin? I mean, you can't miss it. I have had this happen a few times in the past, but never on my chin. (Twice on my forehead, once on an arm.) What is it you ask? No, I didn't fall or scrape my face on a horse neck. Nope. Nothing that exciting. What happened was first I got a sunburn, and then a bug bit my sunburned face. And now this is what I have. At least the swelling is down. Hopefully it goes away quickly without too much of a scar. It's only ever happened when I'm in Florida, so must be a reaction to a bug we don't have up here in New England. Either way. I hope this is the last time.

Top: TKEQ
Jacket: Columbia
I had some free time and went and wandered around Kohl's the other day while I was waiting for Ulta to open. (I needed moisturizer for my poor sunburned skin.) And I found this jacket in the clearance section. It was the only one there and just happened to be my size. I had to have it. Thinking I may someday get my logo put on the back. 

Belt: Zazzle
I have a accumulated a bunch of these Zazzle belts. You can pring pretty much anything at all on them, so you can imagine the fun I've had designing them. They're reversible too, so you get two belts for the price of one! 

Breeches: RJ Classics Gulf
I like the gulf breeches. I like the Harpers better, but these are fine too. The RJ fabric does tend to pill, but the fit is pretty decent, and they are comfortable. Plus they are frequently on sale which makes them significantly more attractive to me. 

Half Chaps and Boots: HKM Killarney

I really was wanting a plain black pair of boots to wear until I can get some of my zippers replaced, but new boots really aren't in the budget. While I was searching for something affordable that was also nice, I stumbled across this set up. They're a knock off of the Tucci chaps and boots which means they are very affordable (especially if you order from R&R Country in the UK) but look like they're fancy and expensive. They broke in very quickly and are super comfy. I'm not sure how long they'll last, the chaps feel pretty thin. But for the price, hopefully I'll get my moneys worth from them. I like how they work. They don't have an elastic under the foot, but they have a little slit in the front that matches up with a snap tab on the front of the boots. So the tab goes through the chaps and it holds them in place. So far I'm a big fan! We'll see how long they survive. Some photos below of other angles.
That's not a blemish on the one boot. Just dirt. I didn't clean them.
Just keepin' it real over here.


That's it for today! Any favorites from today? I can't wait for more fun silly outfits when the horses get home! It's getting closer!


2 comments: