Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession is that this bizarre summer weather New England is having is starting to ruin my motivation. I know a lot of areas are stuck in a miserable heat wave, and my apologies for that not being the case here. But what is happening here is ridiculous amounts of rain. It seems like it rains every single day. Or nearly anyway. It hasn't messed with my riding schedule much as it usually doesn't rain for hours on end. So that part is nice. But twice last week poor Eros got DUMPED on while we were riding. Both times it wasn't raining at all when we got on, but about halfway through it just started pouring buckets. And then it stopped. So we finished our rides at least. But all the dreary cloudiness is getting to be a bit of a downer. It's like when winter is gray all the time and it's kind of depressing. At least it's not snowing and cold right now though! It's not all bad. Ha. 
Anyway, today, I just really couldn't motivate myself. I rode all the horses, but not for that long, and Shiny only once today. I know we'll do better tomorrow. I just get frustrated with myself when I'm in this kind of mood. I mean, how lucky am I to have horses to ride everyday? Eight year old me would be so jealous! 
I just want to tell myself, "suck it up you whiner and appreciate how lucky you are!" I guess I'll go do that now... so tomorrow we can be motivated and get some real work done. 
Anyone else get this way sometimes? Or am I just a truly ungrateful, lazy human?

4 comments:

  1. eh i feel ya, honestly. rain definitely bogs me down. realistically, tho, i don't see 'will power' as some infinite renewable resource tbh, burn out is real no matter how special or beloved the activity. it's definitely ok to take a break every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is also true! I'm trying to hold off as this silly knee of mine may force a break at some point this fall.

      Delete