Thursday, August 17, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day!!! Another cloudy day so I went with earthy tones to add to the gloom. Ha. Al is our model this week, and he would like to apologize in advance that his mom put the wrong bridle on. She's just the worst. Anyway, here's what we wore today:

Look at that handsome chonk! I think Al's put on a few pounds with these couple of light weeks. Starting to look more like a hunter derby horse than a jumper... He sees doc tomorrow so hopefully we'll be back on track soon. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs


I had planned to use the rose gold clincher bridle, but I forgot and just grabbed our everyday one. My bad. 

Saddle: Butet
Baby Pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Mattes

The lighting was funny in this photo. The pad is a lovely shade of tan, but it looks very yellow here. The trim is chocolate brown. 

Boots: Imperial Riding
Okay. So I was very excited to find a lovely shade of tan boots for everyone. Unfortunately, when they arrived, they are SO BIG! I got two pairs of cob for the boys and a pair of pony for Shiny. Well. The pony size fits Eros perfectly. This is the cob on on Al, and while the boot itself isn't horribly big, the velcro is way too long. I'll probably end up selling all of then and finding something else. If anyone has a huge horse and is interested, hit me up!

That's what Al was wearing, and here's what I had on:

I actually thought this shirt was dark green when I put it on this morning. Turns out it's teal, so it really didn't match my saddle pad set up.... But it does look nice with the brown breeches at least. 

Helmet: IRH

Okay don't laugh. I have resisted wearing this helmet again because the first time I wore it was when Al spooked me off last fall. I was feeling very superstitious about it! But I finally pulled it out today, and all the horses were wonderful so the helmet is no longer jinxed. 

Top: Mathcat


I looked in my purchases to find the brand on this, and even though it's definitely a blue leaning teal... it was labeled as dark green. So my error this morning is warranted! 

Belt: Homemade by Me

I made this one I think last year? The year before? Who can remember. The years all blend together at this point. The buckle is Mane Jane.

Breeches: Dover
These haven't aged all that well. Structurally they're fine, but they have some weird fading happening. Still comfy though! And yes, I embellished the belt looks to match the belt. Obviously!

Boots: Dover
These are actually a little too big, but not terrible. They're very comfy. My only complaint about them, is the stretchy panel. That stretchy panel is like a faux stretchy leather rather than elastic. Which looks really nice! Except that it's already peeling. And I can probably count on one hand how many times I've worn them. So that's a little disappointing. 

And that's it for today! Anything favorites? Have you tried the Imperial Riding horse boots? Did they fit? I'm wondering if these were an anomaly or if they always run huge. 


2 comments:

  1. i love a good earth-toned breech, or a good gray. so versatile! somehow tho, a huge proportion of mine are shades of blue lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Browns, tans, greens... but I also have so many blue shades! I think they make more blues than other colors.

      Delete