Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Throwback Edition

 


Outfit DAY!!!! Format will be a little bit different today because my model isn't my horse, so some of his tack doesn't relate to our outfit. But I felt it was way too much fun not to use for Thursday's threads this week. Also, I forgot to snap some individual photos of some parts, so some things will be grouped together. It will be fun, I promise! 

We're having spirit week at the other barn and today's theme was Throwback Thursday. We could choose any decade up through the 90's. Obviously I went with the 80's. I got to ride a very tall dude named Slim today and he was the perfect model for my crazy outfit. 

If you're thinking he looks huge, that's because he's 18 hands. Makes Al look like a wee pony. He's standing a bit awkwardly because he was not in fact standing. The bugs are having a real moment around here right now. 

We will look at Slim's outfit first. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs (It's the spiked one)
Bonnet: Equine Couture that I embellished a bit
Saddle: CWD
Saddle Pad: I can't recall the brand, but she's not in business anymore so it doesn't matter
Fanny Pack: Tipsy Elves




I've had a fanny pack on my horse's neck a couple of times already this week, and I kinda think that should be a thing. My bonnet was a full size and my mount here is more oversize, so when it started coming off halfway through our ride, I just tucked it away in our fanny pack. Very convenient. I can see why they're making a comeback. 

That's what Slim wore (and yes he wore all of it the whole ride, with the exception of the previously discussed bonnet), and now for MY outfit. It's ridiculous. In all the best ways. I don't know brands for everything, much of it has been sitting around in my house. And well, some of it was no name stuff from Amazon. Okay here we go!

Sunnies, side pony, sweatband, and both tops: Amazon
Helmet: One K
Belt: Uknown brand, purchased long ago
Breeches: Tailored Sportsman in Avocado
Bracelets: Unknown brand
Boots: Unknown Brand, painted by ME!




So I discovered that they make pony tails you can suction cup to your helmet. Seriously. They come in all kinds of lengths, colors, and styles. They're supposed to have double sided tape to help it stick which mine didn't come with, so I had to use duct tape. But it stayed put the whole ride which impressed me. If I ever use it again for an 80's outfit, I'm definitely going to crimp it. That was a missed opportunity this time. 

And that's it for today! I mean, honestly, it's way more than needed really... Lol! What do you all think? Did I miss anything? I mean other than horse boots. I try not to mess with whatever someone else's horse normally uses. 


8 comments:

  1. This is beyond words amazing, OMG. Does everyone else smile politely at you like you're a crazy person or are they all about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! It's a solid mix of head shaking and high fiving. I kept forgetting how utterly ridiculous I looked while at the barn, until someone new would walk in and their face reminded me... Lol!

      Delete
  2. The Fanny pack around the neck kills me 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new favorite accessory. You can store treats in there!

      Delete
  3. This is amazing and insane at the same time. I did laugh at the bonnet is horse size and my mount is more oversized... Um? just a bit oversized? He's kind of massive! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's ENORMOUS! Thankfully he doesn't ride as big as he is.

      Delete
  4. everything about this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely... something. Haha! I had so much fun with it.

      Delete