Wednesday, August 16, 2023

What's Up Wednesday

 

I have literally nothing exciting to report this week. Al's still nqr, but he has an appointment on Friday, so hopefully he can get patched up! He's definitely improved though, so we're on the right track. 

Shiny and Eros had an appointment to get their teeth done (Al's got done earlier in the spring when he was the only one still at the boarding barn). Doc arrived and sedated Eros only to discover he didn't need to be done yet. Oops! So since he was sedated and I felt badly they came all that way for nothing for E, I had his tech clean E's sheath. He's terrible about it and has to be sedated for it, so it was worth it. We were smarter and checked Shiny before sedating her, and she ended up not needing them done yet either. Sorry Doc! But better to stay on top of it than to miss something. 

The show I mentioned last week wound up being canceled, so poor Shiny has to wait still for her big horse show debut. Some day! 

I haven't jumped anyone since last week. I was going to over the weekend, but the weather kept interfering. So we've been working hard on the flat instead. (Well, Eros and Shiny have, Al is just riding enough to keep him semi sane and see how the NQR-ness is doing.) Unfortunately, when I was getting off Eros yesterday, I landed wrong on my questionable knee and heard a very loud pop. It's pretty swollen and it's a little angry. I rode four horses today on it, but it wasn't thrilled. I have a busy couple of weekends coming up with finals happening (I have braiding jobs) so once that's all done I may actually get this thing imaged and try to fix it for real. It's been giving me trouble on and off for awhile now, so maybe it's time. It's tough getting old! 

That's really about it from here. Hope you all are having a great week!

5 comments:

  1. ooof that's no bueno about your knee, fingers crossed it holds out for all your braiding jobs! also, i see you're getting some of the same spam comments i'm getting lately... lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I hope your knee settles down. And nice to get E’s sheath done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's less angry this week. Still grumpy, but not so much yelling.

      Delete