Thursday, January 12, 2023

Thursday's Threads: The one that's not blue!

 

Outfit Day! And it's not any shades of blue! Eros is modeling today and I think we'll start with his outfit.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs

I thought it was time to break the spikes back out. Sweet 'ol Eros looks semi bad ass with his spikes on.

Boots: HKM

I snapped pics post ride, and this left one had spun around a little bit. Next time I'll make it a bit tighter. I wasn't sure if these would fit him as they are labeled size small. Which meant that I had bought them for Shiny, but clearly they were too big for her! They fit Eros pretty perfectly actually. Oddly enough, the brown ones I have for her, which I thought were size pony are labeled cob... So lesson here, never trust a label!

Saddle: Butet
Baby Pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Le Mieux
Okay, yeah. I have an Ogilvy baby pad problem. I just can't resist a good deal! What can I say? They're nice pads anyway. They fit great and they stay put nicely. Even on Eros who tends to move his pads a lot. 

So that's what he wore, and here's what I had on:
We matched. Obviously.

Helmet: Samshield
My brown helmet is home, so I just went ahead and stuck with this one. It's so fun, and I intend to get my money's worth out of it.

Sweaters: Ariat and Alessandro Albanese
It hasn't been terribly cold here lately (grateful for that!) but it's still cold enough to need layers. So I have on a wool baselayer from Ariat that you can see the collar of in the above photo. And my outer sweater is from Alessandro Albanese. You've seen it before. I've had it a few years, and was able to snag it on clearance at the end of the season when I got it. I love a good deal on wool!

Belt: Tory Burch
I didn't like how my tan and brown belts looked with this outfit. They were all just not quite the right color. So I decided to wear this gold belt instead. I liked it!

Breeches: Dover Wellesley

These are fun! The trim on the pockets and also the sock part on the bottom of the legs are all leopard print. Just enough to be fun without being too crazy.

Boots: Busse
You all know how much I love my black fuzzy boots, but they aren't perfect. They are pretty bulky and so I've been quietly on the hunt for something inexpensive but less bulky that is still warm. So I decided to try these boots from Busse. They are sheepskin lined, but the lining isn't all that thick. They were well under $300 shipped from Hypostore in the Netherlands. Are they amazing? No. They are warmer than regular unlined boots, but not as warm as the black ones I have. The leather is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from an inexpensive boot. So far, I like them kind of. They're still a bit slippery and they gave me a blister, but in their defense I forgot my new boot bandaids I normally wear. So I'll hold off on any decisions until I've ridden in them more. 

And that's it for today! Any favorite items from today? Aren't you glad it's not blue?!









2 comments:

  1. I have the Busse Laval boots without sheepskin as regular schooling boots and I've been relatively happy with them for the price! I have been considering picking up the sheepskin ones though, for winter lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know! I didn't give them the most fair chance since I forgot that breaking in boots causes wounds. Next few rides in them I'll wear the gel sleeves. They are certainly plenty nice for the money!

      Delete