Wednesday, January 18, 2023

What's Up Wednesday

 

Just a short update today as I have very little to report. First and most important... I discovered I can get a margarita with my Mexican food delivery and that's probably the highlight of my winter so far. 

It was strong. I had to dilute it. So solid purchase if you ask me. 

In horsey news... 
Al is still off but is improving. My farrier came out last night and put the testers on him. He didn't find anything with the testers, but said he still isn't ruling out abscess. So more waiting. The vet will be out at some point next week too. On the bright side, his dermatitis is nearly healed up since he hasn't been in work. So I guess that's the positive here. 

Eros is perfect in every way. We had some saddles come in for him to try on Friday. Neither is a perfect fit, but we're getting closer to figuring out what will work so that's promising. We have another coming soon to try next. I had hoped the rep was coming out Monday with it, but she had a scheduling conflict so TBD when she can get here. Soon though!
This is the one I found the most comfortable. It's not quite wide enough on his shoulder though.

This is actually the one that originally came in for Al that didn't work. 
On Eros, it doesn't really work for either of us. Funny how different 
a saddle can feel on each horse.

So we're still looking, and may end up ordering something. But we're getting closer!

Shiny is doing much better after her little leg booboo last week. The swelling is gone and she's feeling sound. I do think she has a little bruise as she gets annoyed when I palpate on it still. I think she'll make it though!

And that's really it from here. Hopefully we'll have some more fun stuff (and maybe media?!) next week. Time will tell! While it makes for boring blog posts, I don't mind a little quiet time during these winter months. 

How are all of you doing? Horses good? Working hard or enjoying some quiet time?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Eros' colour. Such a rich chestnut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too. Chestnut isn't always my favorite color, but his shade is so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Hoof testers are not the most reliable (at least in my experience). I hope that you get the saddle fit sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! From what I can tell right now, I think it's something higher up. Vet comes Friday though!
      Thanks for that too, I'm looking forward to not having to buy any saddles for awhile.

      Delete