Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit day again! And I'm afraid I'm pretty much still a failure at Thursday's Threads in the winter. But hey, at least I made some effort... Not much, but some. Al will be our model today! Here's what he wore:

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Breastplate: Kavalkade


I know, you can't really see the breastplate in this photo. One of these weeks I'll get a better shot of it. I bought this one a few weeks ago and I really am happy with it, especially for the price point. It came from Equizone. This Mattes pad is one of the first that I bought a couple of years ago. This one I had made with three rows of rope piping. You may (or may not) have noticed last week that some of my Mattes pads only have one row of rope. That's because as I needed to order larger quantities of them, I looked for ways to save money. And less piping seemed like a good way to cut costs. Though I do admit it is prettier this way.

Bridle: Camelot
Okay you caught me. First, yes, it's a recycled photo. I forgot to grab a new one with his current bit on it. And secondly, you are right, this bridle does not match our saddle pad. But don't worry, you'll see shortly that his boots don't either.

Boots: Horze
It was far too cold for me to go to the shed and get the green boots. These are doing the job just fine. Besides, navy looks just fine with green!

And here's the next fail... I somehow deleted the full length photo of my outfit for this week. Oops. So you'll just have to use your imagination. 

Helmet: One K
Yep. My helmet doesn't go with the outfit either. What can you do?

Hoodie: Nantucket gift shop brand
This is the softest sweatshirt I have ever owned and I hope it never falls apart because I love it so much. Other than the fact that it's ridiculously soft, it's just a plain ol' hoodie. Perfect for this winter weather.

Belt: The Sugar Lady
This is Rio's belt. I still love it just as much as I did the day it arrived. It's so unique, and I love that it lets me keep a little Rio in my day-to-day to life. 

Breeches: Horseware
It's been in the teens and low 20's again (Fahrenheit) here again, so I've been living in the corduroy breeches lately. I'm a little worried as some of them are getting a little thin. I hope they make it through a few more seasons!

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I bought these several years ago, and really want to get some new ones with my updated (cleaned up...) logo. January and February are always expensive months though, so that will have to wait a bit. 

Boots: Tredstep
You had to know I'd be wearing these still! I hope to never have to wear any other boots in the winter. Also some good news for anyone wanting a pair. These are discontinued and I thought basically extinct, but Tack of the Day got some final closeout pairs in and have a them available. However, they only have the wide calf. If you wear a normal size calf, you can probably get away with them if you wear a thick pair of socks, since the laces offer some extra adjustability. If you wear a slim calf, I don't think they'd work, but you might be able to have them taken in. I wish I had the extra cash to grab another back up pair! Maybe they'll still have my size in a few months. Fingers crossed!

And that's it for today! I won't pretend like I'm going to do a better job at Thursday's Threads next week. I probably won't. But maybe we'll get lucky? 

2 comments:

  1. Ya know I won a set of polos from my associations year end awards and reeeeally wanted to pick the hunter green pair… but I don’t have any green saddle pads. How is that possible ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, that's easy enough to rectify... Charlie would look fab in hunter!

      Delete