Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

Okay, I have a weird confession for you guys this week. I have a pair of pants that I really love, but I just can't bring myself to wear. Nor to get rid of. Which is ridiculous right? If I can't wear them, why not get rid of them? 

They're a lovely pair of pants, jeans in fact. They're a pretty teal color and the stitching is thick and kind of beige color. They're from True Religion so they have horse shoes stitched on the pockets. Very cute. 

So what's the problem, you ask? Do they not fit? No, they DO fit. But see, the problem is that I had them on the night I had to put Rio down. And for some reason that makes absolutely no sense, I completely connect those pants with that night. Guys, that was more than two years ago. I really should either wear or sell or donate the pants. 

Do you have any items like this that simply exist in your space because you just can't deal with them? I hope I'm not alone in this weird thing...

12 comments:

  1. eh i'm a sentimental sap when it comes to odds and ends associated with important life events. i also may be basically a borderline hoarder sooooo lol.... yea seems understandable enough to me. tho ya know. i bet if you can make yourself wear them even just once, the association will fade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have a bunch of things like that. I have actually a small jar on my desk where I put things that I can't bear to part with but that are closely associated with my dad. Some of it's really small, dumb things, like the label from the bag of oranges he brought me on the last weekend he visited me.

    I still keep the mane & tail brush I bought for Tristan the night I found out he was going to be my horse. It was a terrible, dollar store brush, and has been long since retired, but it lives in the bottom of my tack trunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's not just me! I actually have all of Rio's brushes in a bucket in the barn, because they were HIS and I can't use them on anyone else.

      Delete
  3. I feel this, in a slightly different way. I cannot seem to bring myself to sell my saddle, which barely fits me anymore, and likely will not fit my next horse. I haven't sat in it in several years, but ever since I lost Promise, the thought of selling it brings all kinds of feelings up and I can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally get that! I use my favorite old saddle as decor in the house. Maybe you could do something like that with yours?

      Delete
    2. Interesting...I'm gonna need pictures! I did just get a new saddle cover for it for Christmas, lol

      Delete
  4. I was wearing a lovely shirt from Saratoga when my mom and I had to have her wonderful dog put down very suddenly at the PetER. The very crazy part of me absolutely would not wear that shirt again because I was terrified that it was bad luck and my old dog with seizures would die if I wore it. Soooooo, I get it. I did wear the shirt again after my old girl passed, but I also see nothing wrong with the jeans just existing in your closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird how we attach so much to these inanimate objects? Humans are weird.

      Delete
  5. It makes total sense to me. If you need to hang on to them, do so. It is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan to. Maybe some day I'll wear them again.

      Delete