Wednesday, January 8, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

It's been pretty quiet around here this week, just settling back into the routine. I got home from Florida on Thursday, and went straight to pick up my pups at my mom's and then to the barn to see the kids. Shiny hadn't seen my vet yet at that point, so I soaked her and wrapped her foot up. And I got to ride Eros. I missed him while I was away!
Friday the vet came, and we covered that yesterday. I rode Eros before the vet arrived and then was just there waiting my turn for the rest of the day. It was like the good old days of being a barn rat! Saturday I was able to handwalk Shiny as she was feeling much better with that splinter removed. Sunday I got to have a lesson with Eros. It was a great lesson, though we did nearly part ways at one point. We were supposed to do three jumps on an S turn. We came through the corner to the first fence, I saw a nice distance and just softened to get to it, but I think I surprised Eros by just letting go of his face entirely. He tried to chip, but didn't make it, and we sort of crashed into the jump. There were several moments where I thought we were parting ways as he picked his way out of the jump, but somehow he kept me on. We went back and tried again and got it done quite well actually. AND the whole course was 2'9" to 3" so we're getting somewhere in our quest for the adult hunter ring. Yay!
The rest of this week has been a total waste. I caught some kind of virus and have had a fever since Monday night. These guys are pretty happy to have me working at home:



Feeling a bit better today, but still working from home. Hoping to ride tonight though. 

How was your week? Do anything fun? Have a great lesson lately?

10 comments:

  1. I've been sick since the Friday after Xmas. I blame my allergy shots and the sudden weather changes for making my immune system tank. No one else got sick except for my mom, who is also on immunotherapy. :( It didn't stop me from riding, since being outside made me feel better and I needed the stress relief with so much family in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only missed yesterday with a 102 fever. But hoping to ride today!
      Hope you're feeling better soon!

      Delete
    2. Eek! I never spiked a fever, it's just been from the nose up, mostly. Hope you feel better, too!

      Delete
  2. So many people have been getting various kinds of plagues lately, I feel like hiding! Hope you feel better soon.
    Sounds like a great lesson besides the almost parting ways section. I had two meh lessons last week (of course the only two times I've had someone to video my jumping!) and finally felt better last night in my lesson. Ernie is always such a good boy but it's frustrating when I know I'm not holding up my end of the bargain! We will get there though, still in the recovery phase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be so hard on yourself! You're just getting to know each other! Glad he's turned out to be a great partner while you get your mojo back.
      And yes, definitely hide from the plague. It's pretty miserable.

      Delete
  3. Looks like the pups missed you! On Dante I can't soften to anything he see's it as total abandonment and its annoying honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a chronic face holder, Dante and I would probably get along swimmingly!

      Delete
  4. feel better!! My sinuses are bugging me today. I had a lesson and felt all foggy the whole time (it also got 60 degrees today which is great but prob didnt help with the foggy situation in my brain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you feel better too! Supposed to get close to 60 here on Saturday! I can't wait!

      Delete