Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

First, for my US readers out there, don't forget to vote today!
And also, peep that Ariat sweater with a Shiny look-a-like on it! Had to buy it.

Anyway, this Tuesday I have some confessions. I've been missing this guy something fierce lately:
pardon the screen shot, this time change has me feeling a little lazy...
And I'm feeling REALLY down in the dumps about this guy (and his leg):

Portrait mode is pretty fab on the new phone

And I think we all know what happens when I have the sadz. Especially this time of year when sales are everywhere. I'm not easily enticed by your typical 20% or less sale. That's basically retail since stuff is marked up so much... But occasionally I'll fall prey to the 10% discount if it's something I've been planning to order anyway. (What can I say, sometimes the patience wears thin.) Such is the case over at Dreamers and Schemers. I had some digital artwork done for me by @artastride which you've all seen once or twice, and I've been wanting to get them on socks. So I went ahead and got a little crazy designing socks at Dreamers and Schemers and ordered a few pairs. These are just two of the images I was playing around with. Everyone that was around this past year on top and the current herd on the bottom. I also have individual images of each to play with. So it was fun.
by @artastride

by @artastride
I'll be sure to show them all to you when they arrive, don't worry! I'm hoping they come out as cute as I'm expecting. I got a couple pair for my stepmom for xmas too (hopefully she's not reading this).
Anyway, back to talking about discounts... When I see 30% or more I start to get interested. Especially on things that aren't usually marked down so significantly. Like, um... Celeris boots. They had a handful of 31% off discounts for Halloween. That's a pretty big discount on custom boots. So maybe I grabbed a couple pairs. I wasn't going to. I swear. I have so many boots. SO MANY BOOTS. But I want to retire my too short purple ones. And there was something crazy they have that I decided I NEED. And the two really won't work together... so yeah. Two pair of boots coming. I haven't officially ordered yet, just reserved my spots and paid my deposits.

So, to sum up... I'm confessing to feeling kinda sad about the past year of horsing and I'm also confessing to some irresponsible boot purchases. I have zero regrets about the socks though.

Anything you need to get off your back? Share your confessions in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. 31% off is a good deal, although I suppose that depends on what options you choose and how much they are to start with too, lol. I find their site overwhelming, so many decisions!

    I finally wrote a new blog post! I was stuck for quite a while there. Definitely a rough past year of horsing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is overwhelming! Most of the options come with the boot, so I think the pricing is pretty straightforward. The only extra I'm considering is getting winter lining on one of them maybe... But I probably won't this time. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  2. 31% off is a great deal! Sale is my 3rd favorite word (preceded by #2 Clearance and #1 Free). I am still percolating on Sunday's lesson -- which was probably my best one in a long time -- but the post about my continued epiphany/confession is coming as soon as I get a break from work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 31% is pretty good as deals go! I never see sales that good here! Sorry you are feeling sad - you have def. had a rough horse year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for boots! You would get the same deal there since they are in the UK ;)
      Thank you, I know things will turn around eventually. But sometimes you just have to let yourself feel sad for a bit.

      Delete
  4. Aw I’m sorry about feeling a bit down in the dumps. Idk what it is about this year but it seems like it’s been tough for a lot of people. Here’s hoping you’re feeling a bit better now tho! (Boots help ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it all means the next decade will be fabulous! Out with the bad and in with the good? Here's to hoping anyway...

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about Pammon :(. 31% off custom boots? NO JUDGE! I am feeling really sorry for myself at the moment with Rio's injury. I haven't done any sad shopping yet but I'm sure it's coming. I can't imagine an injury on a new horse after losing horses... I'd be absolutely devastated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a total sucker punch, that's for sure. I'm sure you can relate though. I'm sorry Rio got hurt. You two really had found your groove and now it's break time. Ugh. I hope he heals up quickly!

      Delete