Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Outfit day! And I remembered to take riding outfit photos... but I took them after I rode, so well... they're really dirty. Because Shiny and I ate a little dirt last night. But fear not, we're both fine. Just a little sore and bruised. Anyway... we'll start there.

I didn't get a helmet pic, but it's the same One K as last week. So... we'll just skip ahead.

Vest: Old Navy
Our barn jackets and vests are from Old Navy, and honestly, I really like them! I wish they made them in hunter as I would definitely have Winthrop Corner ones made. You can't see it  because the top is folded over funny here, but my name is on the collar.

Top: HKM
The Connected Rider had these tops super cheap when I was ordering something else (I can't remember what, sorry) so I grabbed one. I like it, it's a nice sort of midweight top. Heavier than a sunshirt, but lighter than a fleece lined shirt.

Belt: Mane Jane
I wore my navy strap with the gunmetal buckle to bring out both colors in the breeches.

Breeches: Smartpak Pipers
I think these checked breeches are super fun. I just wish they were Hadleys instead of Pipers.

Boots: De Niro
This side looks pretty good...
This side not so much... Lol. I need to clean them up. Poor boots.

So that's what I wore to roll around in the dirt ride in last night! I have a cozy work outfit to share too:

I feel like I may have worn this sweater recently for Thursday's threads... if I did, sorry! But it's cold out and the sweater is warm, so here we are!

Top: Cabi
I'm not sure why, but I really love when they stick cable knit sleeves on things other than cable knit sweaters. I have a fuzzy lined flannel shirt with similar sleeves too, and I love it.

Belt: Mane Jane
I kept it neutral with this light gray strap and the gunmetal buckle again.

Jeans: Lucky Brand
I wanted a wider leg jean to wear with this outfit, but my clothes are all over the place and I couldn't find what I was looking for. But hey, at least I have pants on!

Shoes: Tom's
I found cable knit shoes to match my cable knit sleeves. In my defense, they were closeouts. Also, they are fuzzy inside.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty kept it simple and is wearing what I wear most days on that arm. My dee bit bracelet and apple watch.

Righty:
Righty:
My Rio tail stuff from Celia's Horse Hair Creations arrived on Monday, and I couldn't wait to share them with you guys! I wanted them to be a little different than what I got for Jampy so I could tell them apart (they both had black tails!). So the cuff is basically the same (it has horse shoes on the tips like Jampy's, but instead of a gold horse shoe in the center, I got his named engraved on a gold plate. Celia helped me design the wraparound cuff, so it's a little different than what she had on her site. I had the end caps done in silver with gold horse shoes to match both Rio's and Jampy's cuff bracelets. And then we did a ring to match too! I absolutely love how they came out! I'm still waiting on Rio's belt and leather bracelets. They're coming from the Sugar Lady on Etsy.

And that's it for today! Any favorites? What are you all wearing today?

14 comments:

  1. I love the ring! I have a bracelet and a frame with a braid around the photo -- I love them both, although I do not wear the bracelet very often. I still have a little bit of Promise's tail left...I might have to consider a ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I have a dreamcatcher, too! I almost forgot :-P

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy with the ring! Definitely think about it! I like those frames a lot too. I still have a bunch of tail left from both, so maybe I'll do frames down the road too.
      Oh, I bet the dreamcatcher is really pretty!

      Delete
    3. I've totally been checking out Celia's Etsy shop! Here's the post I did about them: http://promisebaby.blogspot.com/2013/04/happy-birthday-promise.html

      I got them from Spirit Horse Designs and Colorado Wrangler Works. :-D

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that you ate dirt, but I'm glad you're both okay!

    I really like that HKM shirt. How do you find the sizing runs?

    I love your Rio jewelry. It turned out so, so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I was overdue. The last time was when Badger bucked me off a few years ago already.
      HKM runs pretty true to size I find. This is a medium, and it's roomy, but not too big.
      Thank you, I love it too!

      Delete
  3. I love the bracelets. I'm trying to decide what I want, but I'm also not ready to order. I'm thinking about just giving some tail hair to my mom and making her choose (she seems to know my tastes). Or maybe selecting a few options... I don't know. The idea of unbraiding what I have is too hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are always so put together. I am lucky if my socks match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you and Shiny are both ok! I find navy is a good sub if there is no green available... :-) The horse hair items look so nice - I can't believe how well they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I have to wear a color that's not green, navy is acceptable. Lol!
      The jewelry is beautiful. I'm so thankful there are talented people out there to make them!

      Delete