Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

I think I mentioned last week that my stepmom is back from Florida, so I'm not getting much saddle time. I do get weekends though! So I was able to get some time in with Eros Saturday and Sunday. He was perfect as usual! But we were stuck indoors due to the ridiculous rain.
One thing I really like about the boarding barn is that they don't close for holidays. So it was like a normal day there on Sunday. I went a little early because I had plans later, but not by any means actually early. Probably around 9? Eros was certain it was too early.
This was pre-ride...
 Rio had plenty of attention this weekend too, with some grazing time and lots of groomies.
I got him a new fly sheet for grazing, but it's actually a bit too small. If/when I find a pony and have to order stuff for that one, I think I may get him the next size up. It's from Big D, so they tend to run a little small. I forgot about that.

In non-horsey news, I did a lot of eating this weekend. A LOT. Saturday night my mom hosted our Passover Seder. It was like old times, just me, my brother, and mom. My sis-in-law and the kids went to Florida for the school vacation, but my brother had to stay here and work. It was lovely though. I brought the short kids with me, and they had fun too.
Family portrait with my brother in the back
Sunday, after my early-ish ride on Eros, I went with my dad, stepmom, and brother to visit my little brother's grandma for Easter. Little Bro couldn't make it unfortunately. He makes maple syrup in VT and this is his busy season. It was a lovely dinner, and my stepmom even made everything Passover friendly. So thoughtful! For some reason though, I got no media whatsoever. Which is really unfortunate. Little bro's grandma is 99, so not sure how many more times we'll do holidays with her.

Since we ate early Sunday, I was home by five to feed Rio. And then the puggers got to have a super fun play date with my neighbor's pug, her boyfriend's frenchie, and the two puppies she is fostering. It was short dog chaos, but so fun!
So much butt sniffing.
Yesterday was Rio's 23rd birthday! Since he turned 23 on the 23rd, this is his Golden Birthday, and I got him an appropriate birthday sash... and a crown of course.
Seriously, this crown though...

I can't... hahaha! Poor Rio. But also, cutest ever, right? For anyone wondering it came from Amazon, and I think it's for babies. But also horses.

I thought I'd be the best mom and hand chop some of his actual hay so he could swallow it instead of spitting it out as a hay cigar. Apparently though, after a solid 30 minutes of cutting up hay, he wasn't that into it. It smelled good though.
And then I gave him the appropriate birthday dinner full of snacks.
And that's really all that's going on this week! I have a couple of ponies/honies I've found that seem interesting, so hopefully I'll have something to share on that front soon! Waiting on some info for my front runner.

What's up with you guys? Did you have a good week? Celebrate any holidays this weekend?

13 comments:

  1. awww that pic of him with the sash <3 sounds like a lovely week spent with family and puppers and ponies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely! Isn't he just the cutest old man?!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Rio! He’s so sweet. I hope that the Pony works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Golden Birthday Rio!!!! That is so cool that your barn is open during Holidays. Mine isn't, and it bums me out when they fall during the week and I can't even spend all day the barn. What good is a holiday for?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Isn't that the entire point of holidays?!

      Delete
  4. Happy Bday Rio! I loved my home barn because my trainer was more likely to work Holiday Mondays than other barns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our barn is closed Mondays always, but holidays on other days, they are open.

      Delete