Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

I'm just gonna whine about the weather and shorter days today. It went from 90 degrees and humid to 55 and raining in like a minute and half it seems like. I mean, I get that it's fall, but isn't it supposed to be 75 for a little while? It was in the forties the other night! My horses are wearing sheets! This is ridiculous. Not to mention how early it's dark already.
Last night I was a little late getting out of work. By the time I got myself organized and took Jamp out of his stall for his walk, it was almost dark out. So I walked first and groomed second. Jamp's not known for his bravery outside under the lights... But he was actually a good boy, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to keep hand walking him at least until there's ice and snow everywhere.
The only bright side is the incredible sunsets that come with fall. I tried to grab a few snaps Sunday while grazing Rio in the evening. I couldn't do the colors justice with my phone though.

 In theory, I like the concept of fall. The leaves changing color is pretty, and I'm a fan of things that taste like pumpkin. But that's about all I like. I hate when it gets below 70. I'll be cold to the bone until summer comes back. And I am not a fan of it being dark all the time. Nor naked trees. Yuck. I swear if my horses were healthier I'd find a way to move them to Florida for the winter. I do have it in my contract that I can work remotely, so it's somewhat feasible.... It's a good thing I love them so much!

Ok, I'm done whining... for now. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow (though still raining) so hopefully I'll be in a better mood! Are you enjoying fall so far? What's your favorite season?

6 comments:

  1. All it's done here is rain. FOR DAYS. So sick of the grey :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a hot, dry summer that this sudden rain and cold sucks even worse than usual. I'm with you--I need the breezy 70s for a transition period!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather has been awful I need more sun!!! It went from hot to grey skies and rain on end. Yesterday evening was nice at least but not loving it being dark until 6:30 something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! The weekend was beautiful and then rain and gray again. Worst.

      Delete