Wednesday, September 12, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

Life's getting a little busy all of the sudden over here! But also, it rains a lot these days. We did get to see the sun for a few minutes yesterday for the first time in several days. Right before it set.
And oddly enough while it was raining. Check that rainbow though!
I woke up Saturday thinking I didn't have too much on my agenda, but then I realized I had just forgotten to write things down. First thing was that I wanted to stand at the bottom of my road for awhile to cheer on the bike riders in the Closer to Free ride.
 This is a 100 mile bike ride that benefits the Yale Cancer Center and their research. Great cause! One of my coworkers has been doing this bike ride the last several years, and I was hoping to see him ride by. Unfortunately I missed him. But we did get to see plenty of other riders.
 I took the pugs with me, and they had a blast. Artie would bark whenever I would clap for the bike riders.
Ok, maybe P thought this was silly...

But this is an excited face!
Next we wandered over to harass see Rio.

Next on the agenda was getting the boys groomed and walked. And after THAT, I headed to the neighbor's house to ride Eddie.
Honestly, we didn't have a great ride. The temps had dropped 30 degrees and I think Eddie was fresh? He's the type though that only gets fresh in his head and not so much in actual body. Basically, he was just REALLY distracted. There was a rafter of wild Turkeys hanging in the field next to us.

I just couldn't get him moving forward and connected at the same time. So we had a lot of chocolate chips at the jumps. And at one point he pulled a Jamp and ran off with me! Which was kind of hilarious honestly. After that, he was a bit more engaged and I found the last few jumps better. It does make me a little nervous for our show this weekend. But we're only planning to do the warm up over jumps, and then decide if we want to show over fences. So there's really no pressure. I'm riding him tonight (weather permitting) and again tomorrow also weather permitting. So lots more time to prepare at least!
After Eddie, I headed back to that beautiful barn I showed you guys a few weeks ago to braid that cute little chestnut hony.

I was kind of pooped after that, so I spent the rest of the evening hanging with the puggers. Sunday was actually a quiet day. Ran some errands in the morning and took care of the boys in the afternoon.

It's like he's never seen trees before...
 I brought Rio down to the back paddock to graze. We haven't been down there all year!
It was so chilly out you guys. I don't think it even got to 60. Last week it was in the 90's. The weather is NUTS.
Sunday night we celebrated Rosh Hashana, the Jewish new year, at my mom's with a delicious dinner.
Monday it rained so the boys had to skip walkies. I'm talking pouring rain! We would walk in light rain. Or I would. Jamp would probably stand around staring at the rain drops. Last night it cleared up in time for walkies, though Rio's was in the dark already. It's like actual night time at 7pm here already. Ugh. Worst.
I've been collecting videos of horses to try for my stepmom. I found one I thought was pretty perfect, but my parents were scared off because it won't pass a vet. Honestly, probably no horse that will be a good teacher for her will pass a vet though... So I'm keeping that one on the list for later if nothing else pans out. We're planning to try an adorable gray horse (white, he's white all over... glad I won't have to groom it everyday!) on Saturday. And then there are a few in the southern states that we may take a trip to see. After Florence of course. Are any of you in the path of that storm? I hope you'll stay safe, that one is a doozy. If they say to evacuate, PLEASE DO! Happy to help in anyway I can if you need it.
That's about it from here. How was your week? Get to any horse shows? Go horse shopping? Anything else exciting?

4 comments:

  1. Artie's happy face is everything <3 <3 <3
    I can see both sides on trying horses that won't pass a vet check but honestly for a kind schoolmaster I'd overlook a lot. But I get them being worried about it too! Hope the grey steed goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely would not prefer a horse with vetting issues, but for this job, I think it might be something to live with. We'll have to see I guess!
      Thanks! I hope so too! Should be fun either way.

      Delete
  2. haha P's face in that picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete