Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thursday's Threads, and what happend to What's up Wednesday?!

Happy outfit day! Let's just get to the pink elephant in the room first shall we? What happened to What's up Wednesday this week?! Well, my friends. My Wednesday was insane. All totally wonderful things, but so many of them that there wasn't any time to blog. And I want to get some (or at least one) of them more final before I tell you all about them anyway. I'm going to try and get that up tomorrow though. We'll see how the work day goes.
Ok, back to the regularly scheduled blog post... I do have outfits for you today! But they're a little... half assed. Hey, I'm all about the honesty here at Amateur at Large! I have good reasons for the half assedry though. I was expecting to ride yesterday, but then things didn't go to plan, so I wasn't able to. Fortunately, I took some photos of my show outfit... unfortunately it was minus the jacket, boots, and hat. But those were the same ones I wore to Skidmore back in June, though so you're not missing anything. And as for today? I was too sleep deprived to make an effort today.  For my mom's birthday I had gotten her floor seats to see this guy:
And thus, I'm exhausted today. #sorrynotsorry

We can start with my show outfit from the weekend.
And a small part of my unmade bed... I'm not domestic goddess that's for sure. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned, but I really love show clothes. Don't get me wrong, I love fun colors and all of that, but I just think tan breeches and a white shirt is so classy. Not to mention, this particular outfit is rather flattering, at least I think!

Shirt: Essex Classics

Tack of the day had these on sale a few years back for $49 so I stocked up on shirts. I LOVE this one with the wine theme. It even has a little corkscrew! I call this the AA shirt, but for Adult Ammy and not the other AA clearly.

Belt: No brand
I snagged this patent belt on Ebay and it didn't have a brand. I've seen some from Gucci like this though, so I think it might be a knock off. I like the bit design on the buckle.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I have a love hate relationship with TS breeches. I love that they come in side zip. And I triple times ten love how they fit. No saggy crotch from these! It's like they were tailored just for me. I wish they'd get some sock bottoms on them though. The velcro don't bother me, I don't get rubs or anything. I've just really come to appreciate the sock bottom. I also do not love the price tag. I managed to snag these when a local tack store closed up shop for 20% off, but that never happens otherwise. And I hear some pretty terrible things about the woman who runs the brand. So yeah. Love-hate relationship.

That's it for my riding outfit! Now on to today's work outfit.
I call this casual, yet classy. Alternate titles: "Too tired to care" or "It was already on top of the washer"

Top: Ralph Lauren
I collected a few of these shirts. They look like a traditional button down, but the material is like what you see on their polo shirts. Meaning they don't really wrinkle and they can wash and dry. Though all things Ralph Lauren shrink like crazy, so I probably won't dry them. Living near an outlet is super dangerous as I have three of these in different colors. It's so useful though. Looks nice for work but would also looks fab with breeches!

Belt: Mane Jane
Yep, nothing new here. Though there or may or may not be a new one in the mail right now for me....

Jeans: Hudson
I rarely use the term favorite when describing articles of clothing. You've seen my collection. How do you pick a favorite?! But this pair of pants may be close to receiving that title. They're a great shade of blue, stretchy, and the perfect ankle length on me.

Shoes: Sperry
These blue Sperry's are a very close match to the stripes on my shirt. They're from the kids department, but they probably have them for adults too. I love the glittery look to the material.
And that's it for today. I'm wearing my watch, but otherwise no arm party to speak of. Hopefully I'll have a better outfit day for you all next week. Have a favorite from today? Get any new clothes or accessories that you're excited about?

7 comments:

  1. Those Ralph Lauren tops are very flattering! I might need some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them! They wash up nicely, though I didn't dry mine.

      Delete
  2. agrhh my post was just eaten. Not sure what happened. Anyway i missed what's up weds You are killing me smalls ;) HA and no arm party ? Wth :) I was stalking you on IG at the Elton show. How great that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hate when that happens!
      The show was AMAZING! So fun, and my mom had the best time.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too! I can't remember, but I think I may have gotten it in two colors.

      Delete