Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday's Threads!






See that? PS is shorthand for Pumpkin Spice. Do you know what that means? Summer is ending. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Since I'm so reluctant to embrace the end of summer, I went with pale pink plus a little edge today.


It's edgy 'cause they're acid washed. The 80's were a unique fashion time my friends... And as an 80's child, it's my job to sneak in a reminder now and then. So let's take a closer look at today's outfit!

Top: NY & Co
I like this knit, it's super light weight and sleeveless... but then not really. It will definitely see a lot of use this fall when we hopefully have warmish temps.

Pants: Aeropstale


I actually found these on clearance when I went to FL in February for work. That would make them wayyyy "past season", but I love them. I had remembered them being a little snug so I've been reluctant to wear them, but they actually fit quite nicely. I really should try things on more often.

Shoes: Carlos Santana

I hummed and hawed about getting these, they're from Little Black Bag. I think I actually traded for them? I've surprisingly gotten a lot of use out of them. (P.S. I still miss that website so much.) How can you not win with glitter? Glitter is always a win. ALWAYS.

Belt: Handmade

I think this belt could also be today's #TBT. I got this is 1999 from a vendor at a horse show. She hand made these belts from old horse show ribbons. The best part? The designer of these must have been local to my area as horse shows I've attended regularly are all featured! I haven't worn this in awhile, and I'm not sure why. Will have to get it back in the rotation!

Arm Party!

Left:

I went a little cray-cray with lefty today, but I was having trouble making decisions. When in doubt, pile them on! From the left: Mocha Stone bracelet in pale pink, crystal stretch bracelet that I honestly have no idea where it came from, rhinestone stretch bracelet (also no idea from where), Nakamol beaded bracelet from Little Black Bag, ETK (probably Ettika) from LBB, and of course my favorite watch.

Right:


Righty went with one giant bracelet today. This one came from LBB also, and it's impossible to show in a photo how amazing it is. I didn't appreciate it on the site initially, but then it was offered to me on who-remembers-what, and I took it. The "leather" part is not only a pale pink, but it has a gold overtone to it. I can't get it to show in a photo, so you'll have to trust me. The metal plate across the top is curved just right and is not at all in the way. So glad this came home to me! (And that I remembered I have it...)

So that's it for today! What are you wearing? Are you transitioning to fall styles or clutching to summer looks for dear life?


No comments:

Post a Comment