Thursday, July 11, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! I have a fun one today! Al wanted to be the model because we wore bees today and Eros hates bugs. And Shiny modeled last week. So Al it is! If you follow Pinsnickety's socials you might have gotten a sneak peak, but they attributed the outfit to Shiny. We know the truth though! It was Al! Okay, let's get to it. Al's outfit is cuter than mine, so he'll go first:

From afar, it looks relatively classy. But you know me better than that. It's full of cute. You'll see.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Home made by me
Charm: Pinsnickety
I always forget how much Blogger murders the photo quality. So I will include a closer photo of our silly brow band and cute charm here:
I love how silly these brow bands are. The beads are from Amazon, they have all different themes of these wooden beads, and I just think they're ridiculous and adorable. I've been trying to use more of my Pinsnickety items in everyday life since I don't show much, and I thought this was the perfect use for the charm. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy with some embellishments by me
Pin: Pinsnickety
I think this set up is pretty cute. I also think I need to clean and condition this saddle... Here's another close up because you can't really see the ribbon trim in this above photo:
Aren't those bees cute?! I'm not a big fan of real life bees. Stings hurt! But these kinds of bees are adorable. 

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me

I used this fabric with the crowns for my interchangeable boots to match the Pinsnickety pin. But they definitely work with the saddle pad trim too! I think they're pretty cute. Queen bees!

That's what Al was wearing, and here what I had on this week:
I do have some kind of bee print tee shirt, but it's cotton and the humidity here this week is not cotton friendly. So I went with this yellow top instead. It was a smart choice.

Helmet: Samshield, embellished by my friend

Okay, so full disclosure... This helmet has expired. But I wore it maybe ten times in it's lifetime before that happened, maybe even less. So I still wear it now and then. It was a regular brim, but I had this wide brim that snaps on to it already so I've been using that with it. I like how it looks! A friend of mine just retired and is trying to start up a little side gig blinging helmets. She did this one for me. It has black crystals along the rail, and some green ones just below the shield. She also put my initials (SS) on the back with green crystals. Nice and small so it looks really cute. I should have grabbed a photo of the back. Sorry about that. 

Top: Luyaa
I'm such a fan of these Amazon shirts. They're perfect for summer. I want to get rid of most of my sunshirts and just wear these. 

Belt: Amazon
I tried really hard to find a bee belt buckle that was black and yellow like a normal bee. But this was all I could find. It does the job. The belt is reversible, it's yellow on the other side, but not the same shade as my shirt. 

Breeches: Hadley
These are super old, I haven't been wearing them much. I think they'll probably end up in the sale pile. I still like them, but they are a bit too big and I have other black breeches I wear more often. (I'm a little behind on laundry or you'd have seen those instead!) 

Boots: HKM
Half Chaps: HKM
I haven't worn these as much this summer as when I was at the other barn still, but they're still around and going strong! I actually really like them, and would recommend them. 

Alright, that's it for today! Did you like the bees? What should we wear next week? I've been having trouble deciding. 

2 comments:

  1. "not cotton weather" basically sums it up LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's definitely still not cotton weather... I love summer though. No complaints from me!

      Delete