Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

I had some great confession for you guys. I remember this weekend doing whatever it was and being like, "well I have my Truthful Tuesday for the week now." But then I didn't write it down and I can't remember what it was that I did. I've really gotta remember to make note of these things. If I remember I'll share another week. 

In the meantime, I'll confess to something else. Admittedly, I have a lot less disposable income than I used to. Which I believe is the same for most people these days. And I've been pretty good about not buying stuff I don't need this summer. Which doesn't mean I don't window shop and keep a list of all the things I wish I could buy... But I haven't bought them. I've been good. 

Until a few weeks ago. Celeris has a list you can get on that if sample boots become available in your measurements they will offer them to you first before listing them for sale to the public. OBVIOUSLY I'm on this list because we all know I have a boot problem. So they contacted me a few weeks ago that they had a pair available in my size. But it was gray with turquoise which sounded lovely, but I already have a pair in a very similar color scheme. So I did the responsible thing and I passed. But I did request to still keep me in mind for future pairs. 

And then... they had another option for me. Navy with silver. I have a pair of gold and navy from Pioneer that I bought second hand. But they're very loud and not for everyday type use. I also have a pair of navy DeNiro, but they are out of commission with a broken zipper. So I did the very irresponsible thing and bought the navy Celeris boots. 

They arrived last week and are beautiful. They are pretty much exactly my measurements and I love them. Of my other navy options, the Pioneer aren't a perfect fit, and also I'm not sure they'll hold up for very long. And the DeNiro are a little big in the calf and a little too short. Plus they're broken. So this new pair will likely end up my everyday pair this winter, until the bitter cold sets in and I switch to full chaps. I like having a semi plain boot for everyday so my crazy ones last forever and also sometimes you don't want to be crazy. These are very simple, with just a little silver piping at the top. Otherwise they are all navy.

I find I feel the most secure in the saddle in my Celeris boots compared to the others. Someday the full collection will just be those I think. 

So that's it. I bought more boots. I shouldn't have. But I did. And I don't really have any regrets. Thank goodness I have some braiding work lined up in the coming weeks!

4 comments:

  1. ok so one of my secret bucket list items is having a really nice pair of navy boots. definitely worth a little splurge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good navy boot! I would also love a nice hunter green boot... Haha. I can't stop.

      Delete
  2. I don't want to know how to get on that list...but I kind of do. Let me guess, minimum lifetime spend? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! No, it's not exclusive. They had a post on Instagram at some point just to message them your sizes if you wanted to get on that list. You probably still can!

      Delete