Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

I swear, it's a miracle I successfully get anything done ever... Last week both my pups had vet appointments, a day apart. Sometime after I had made the appointments I got a reminder notice that P is due for some shots. Rita's appointment was the first one, so while I was there I asked if P could get get her shots during her recheck appointment the next day. They said as long as everything was looking good in her ear, that shouldn't be a problem. Always nice to get two things accomplished in one visit ya know? 

So P's appointment was bright and early Thursday morning. There was a bit of a commotion with another dog who was VERY EXCITED to be at the vet, so they ushered that one into a room right away. My vet apologized (unnecessary, clearly, P was perfectly under control in the waiting room unlike the other larger dog!) and asked if it was okay if they just brought P back to check her ears. I said sure, not a problem. You know what I didn't say? I didn't remember to ask about the shots! Can you believe it? Doc didn't remember either. I didn't realize it until the weekend when I was cleaning up my email inbox. So I had to call for another appointment. Sheesh. Is this early onset senility? Or was it just that my coffee hadn't kicked in yet? I'm hoping the second one...

6 comments:

  1. ugh that's 100% something i would do. i legit make notes of topics i want to ask the vet about during visits, and STILL manage to forget...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% forgot to ask about getting the puppy spayed while I was at the vet on Monday. And I was fully caffinated ...so maybe I am senile at 42?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also 42. Perhaps that IS the age it starts!

      Delete
  3. I would have forgotten too! But I'm elderly. :)

    ReplyDelete