Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 

So when we last left off, Shiny was refusing to canter and Eros was still noticeably off. Pammon at least was plugging away! This week seems to be turning a corner for everyone. Of course, in true New England winter fashion, it's probably going to be too cold to ride Friday and possibly Saturday... Sheesh. (I won't ride if it's colder than 20. Just seems pointless and hard on the lungs. Maybe just tack walks or hand walks.)

The princess has decided she will canter this week... but I really have to beg for it. And not currently with contact. Whatever, I'll take what I can get right now.  She's for sure less angsty then she was before getting vet work, so I do think she's feeling better. We certainly have a ways to go before she's back to "normal" though. Baby steps!

Eros has been spending 20 minutes trotting twice a week in the rig to see if he'll engage his hind end better without me to pull on. It seems to be helping, and he's feeling sounder this week. So still kind of wait and see, but hopefully we're on the right track. 

Pammon was surprised by the snow outside. 
He has a window in his stall, but I'm not sure he realizes it's the same view from the indoor.

Pammon was FABULOUS in our flat lesson last night. He was completely relaxed and also dialed in to me, which is rare. He's usually VERY interested in everything but me. So that was a nice change. We did some canter poles, alternating between 5 and 6 strides in between them. Last week he was not interested in shortening for the add, but this week he was soft and willing to do whatever. Makes me hopeful for our future! 

Not much else really happening. I took the weekend off from house projects other than laundry (finally caught up!). Though the blanket project took up a few hours on Saturday. Especially trying to access the trailer ones, they were all the way in the back of the peak. 
not those black tubs. No. BEHIND them.

And then Sunday I made some cupcakes. But from a box, I wasn't THAT motivated.
Full disclosure, I did them in the toaster oven and the reason they look different is that I have only one muffin pan that fits in the toaster. So I used the individual brownie pan too. Those are square and a little smaller. Still taste the same though! Problem with making cupcakes during a pandemic when you live alone? I now have to eat 18 cupcakes. Challenge accepted!

That's about it from here really. Winter isn't that exciting. How was your week? Horses good?

9 comments:

  1. Haha this is why I had to stop baking, my husband is perpetually "dieting" and then I eat all of the cupcakes (or cookies, or cake, or whatever) by myself!

    Glad everyone seems to be feeling better this week, and what an awesome lesson with Pammon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. I'm kind of over the cupcakes, but hate to waste them... Lol! Nomnomnom

      Thanks! Me too!

      Delete
  2. Glad all your ponies are feeling better~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm cupcakes! Glad the horses are all doing a bit better - hopefully that trend continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear the ponies are doing so well -- love that pic with shiny!

    ReplyDelete