Thursday, January 21, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 


Happy Outfit Day! It's gotten cold here which I guess it's supposed to do in the winter. But still. Yuck. I wish winter was shorter. Anyway... Let's see what Eros and I wore last night to ride in the tundra! We'll start with Eros. I didn't share his bridle since he just has the one at the boarding barn and it didn't match our outfit.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Personalized Products
Half Pad: Mattes
Quarter Sheet: Kentucky Horsewear 


I have a real love for this saddle pad. I have two, one that was Bud's (my junior hunter) and one that was Cosmo's (my jumper I had in college). So they are both monogrammed with horse names from the past, but honestly, I kind of love that about them. They're lined on the underneath with faux sheepskin and are just so perfect for winter riding.

Boots: Equestroom

I had actually planned to use the cute boots I got from Epplejack, but I ordered all the wrong sizes. Oops. Shiny's are way too small, and then the medium size I got for the boys are too skinny for Eros. I'm hoping they'll fit Pammon though, his legs are slimmer. Eros is a weird boot size. He has thick warmblood legs, but short cannons. So I usually get him medium boots but occasionally they aren't wide enough. As is the case with the Epplejack ones. So I figured green glitter boots would work fine too. I mean, glitter IS my favorite color!

And here's what I wore:
Obviously I had a giant winter coat on too. But this was under that.

Helmet: One K MIPS
Mask: Vera Bradley
Yep, that mask has puppies ALL OVER IT! It's the cutest. Now if only VB would make me some green ones...

Sweater: PS of Sweden
I think I got this sweater the winter before last? Not positive. I love a nice cable knit sweater for horsing. I mostly wear hoodies in the winter, but it's nice to wear something a little classier now and then. Plus I had a zoom training for work yesterday so wanted to look a little nicer for that.

Belt: Ralph Lauren
I keep most of my belt collection in the laundry room, so part of that project meant weeding through the belts. I found so many gems that had gotten buried and was super excited to see this one again. Easily one of my favorites. I stumbled across this one on Ebay a long while ago and had to have it. 

Breeches: Horseware
I know. You're probably getting bored with my breeches choices. Sorry guys. It's cold out.

Boots: Tredstep
Same deal here. My feet are warm in these, and I won't wear anything else until it's above 50 degrees. I miss my other boots though. Maybe I'll have to get a pair of Celeris with the sheepskin lining for next winter... 

That's it for today! Any favorites?


4 comments:

  1. That belt is super cute! Nice find in the great laundry room re-org! :-) I have to say the cord breeches look super comfy and cozy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the cords! I would get more colors if they existed someplace.

      Delete
  2. Dressing for warmth is definitely where it’s at these days haha. Actually I’m wearing those neck gaitor thingys way more often now instead of scarves - mask when I need it but otherwise nice warm tech fabric scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I take no issue wearing the masks this time of year. Keeps my nose warm!

      Delete