Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursdays Threads

Ah New England. You're so weird in the winter. I left work last night a few minutes early to avoid the snow squalls we were supposed to get. The weathermen were telling us that it would be extremely dangerous to drive and we would probably get 1-2 inches in about a half hour. So that's a little nuts. Fortunately, in my area this didn't happen. We got a light dusting of snow only, but the wind was really intense. Between the time I got home (around 5:20) and the time I headed over to Eros (about an hour) the temperature had dropped from 33 degrees to 15. So gross. And the WIND! Ugh. It was cold. The barn wasn't awful yet though, it takes a little while for it to catch up. Anyway, my point is, I DID hop on Eros last night, and I DID remember to take some pics of my outfit for you!
There were many layers. There was also an Eros head in my lap.
Here's a better outfit shot, minus the giant coat:

Layers my friends. Layers are a must.

Vest: Smartpak Hadley
Fleece top: Eddie Bauer
This angle is much more flattering...

The vest looks REALLY olive in these shots, but the top photos on this post more accurately show the true color. It's more of a sage green. I LOVE this vest and the jacket, though I do wish there was more room in the arms. Story of my life though. I apparently have enormous upper arms. Which used to be muscle, but currently is just, um... insulation.
 
Belt: Mane Jane
Rarely does a Thursdays Threads go by without a Mane Jane sighting. I paired my navy croc belt strap with the rose gold buckle. Speaking of rose gold, I cannot wait to get my Celeris boots in a couple months so I can make a rose gold riding outfit...

Breeches: Smartpak Piper, winter knit
I gotta be honest you guys. These breeches aren't warm. I thought they would be since they have WINTER in the name. But no. I have some corduroy breeches from Horsewares that I think I will ride in exclusively while it's cold. THOSE are warm. I have both colors even. And they're on sale at Horseloverz for under $50 if anyone needs any: https://www.horseloverz.com/english-riding-apparel-clothes/breeches/knee-patch-riding-breeches/horseware-polo-ladies-nina-corded-knee-patch-breeches

Boots: Tuffrider Regal
My favorite thing about the Regals this time of year is how many pairs of socks I can fit in them! I wore two last night, a pair of light wool with boot socks over them. But it wasn't enough. Double wool next time!

I wore my black One K helmet, but didn't grab a photo. You can see it in the first photo, sort of. And now on to what I wore to work today. Keep in mind this was the forecast when I got up, and so far, the numbers haven't changed (hey at least it didn't get colder):
That isn't a C for Celcius. It's just a cut off degree sign. That's Fahrenheit my friends. And that's effing cold. Warmer than the midwest by a lot though, so I'm trying not to be an ass about it. Regardless, it's effing cold.

My goal was to be warm but comfy. I think I accomplished that.

Sweater: Rue 21

I got this sweater a year or two, or maybe three, ago. It's not a super quality sweater given the source, but it's the longest one I have, and I think the braid on the side is really cute. It's also pretty heavy. But acrylic not a wool or cotton blend, so it could definitely do better in the warmth department. It's doing the job well enough though.

Belt: Harry's Horse
I bought this snaffle belt in the fall when I was filling up my cart with a rose gold outfit for the ponies. I wish it were a tad wider, but I like it a lot anyway.

Jeans: Lucky Brand
Ha, it really didn't matter what pants I wore today, you can hardly even see them! But I wanted a fairly heavy jean. These were a solid choice. I actually just got them at Marshalls where they had these and another pair of Lucky Brand on sale for $18.00. Yes please.

Boots: HKM
Technically, these are meant to be riding boots. but they're fabric and seem to me like they'd be really slippery. I bought them to wear in the cold and snowy weather, not for riding, so I can't really judge. They are lined top to toe with faux shearling, and I kind of love them.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
I know. My arm parties are pretty redundant lately, but I'm really just loving these bracelets! Sorry! Maybe next week I'll mix it up. Maybe not. It's my blog, I can do what I want.

Righty:
I added an H bracelet to this stack today, and I think it's working. I'm so in love with that bit bracelet in the middle. They actually have one in hunter green leather with a rose gold bit, but I can't pay retail for that. Hopefully someone will get it and consign it way under value so I can have it.

That's it from here today! Hope you're all staying warm! Any favorites from this post? Or want to recommend your favorite winter breeches?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's really warm! It's comfy, it's just the jacket that needs bigger arm holes.

      Delete
  2. those sweaters look so cozy, i like them both a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irideon fleece lines tights are my favorites. I am wearing them right now. I wear them most days. I put a pair of long underwear under them and I'm pretty warm. I also highly recommend a heated vest from Ororo. It is the best thing ever. They haven't come out with pants yet, but I would buy them if they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing those heated vests! And I would be so down for heated pants. Sign me up!

      Delete
  4. Layers are key to this weather! Try some smart wool or any merino wool base layer under your breeches - that might help. I have slowly replaced all of my under layers with merino wool - it is the best.

    It is colder in the Midwest than in my area of Canada! Wild. It is supposed to warm up a bit next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. merino is the best!
      It's warmer here today, got all the way 22! And then they're saying 50's next week. It's crazy.

      Delete
  5. I like those boots. they look comfy (the ones you wore to the office not that the Tuffriders don't look comfy too) AND UM THAT IS EFFING COLD> BRGHHH can't even read it without shivering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty comfy! And they're definitely warm which is the priority these past few days!

      Delete
  6. I’ve been to find a vest that’s isnt a bomber style like the one I have. It’s really warm but tends to ride up on the waist. That vest looks great. I have to Dublin winter breeches and they are good. I often put a thin under layer and then it’s perfect. I have another pair that are too warm. Trying to remember the brand.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the base layer is the key. But the cord ones are pretty warm on their own!
      I like this vest a lot, plus it being on sale was a nice bonus!

      Delete
  7. I have been eye that SP Hadley vest hard and it looks amazing on you! I think you've convinced me to buy it. FYI thanks for the tip off about Saddle Shoppe doing 50% back in November- I got some AMAZING deals thanks to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you got your stuff. A lot of people didn't. I'm still waiting on one pair of breeches myself, but they did answer my email with an ETA, so I feel ok that they'll show up eventually.

      Delete
    2. My stuff (3 shirts) took about a month to arrive but they did, and they sent accurate tracking info before that. I'm not mad though because 2 Cavallo shirts and an Asmar for $80 is insane. The Asmar one is all white and had some black smudges but it washed right out on the first wash and is as good as new. I'd 100% order again for a deal that good! I hope the rest of your stuff comes!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I don't actually think they're as big of a disaster as they might seem. They did post the long lead times on the site. I'm so glad it went smoothly for you!

      Delete