Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Truthful Tuesday

I have a few confessions today. Let's start with the most embarrassing, shall we? Sunday I spent the majority of my late afternoon/evening catching up on laundry and housework. (Adulting is so annoying.) I have been super negligent about putting away the laundry once it's done and folded, so I had some pretty large stacks of clothes on top of the dryer. Said stacks were obstructing my view of the knob (my dryer is about 35 years old no joke, so no fancy knobs on the front). I had a brilliant plan to sit up on the washer and look behind the clothes at the knob. Here's where things went bad.
I jumped up to sit on the washer, not taking into account the cabinet over top of the machines. I jumped up hard... BAM! Cracking my head on the f-ing cabinet. Left a good size lump in its wake. Who knew laundry could be so dangerous? This is why I need a nanny.

Next up: Rodent racism.
I spent quite a lot of time alone with my horses this weekend. That can only lead to weird places... While out with Rio and the wild bunnies, I got to thinking about rodents. I really hate them. Except for bunnies. And chipmunks. And that's when I realized, I am a rodent racist.
Rio and I both love bunnies
Which leads to my last confession: I am a sadistic mosquito murderer.
Last night when I got to my last horse, it was REALLY BUGGY. But not just regular annoying flying bugs, but the worst of them all: MOSQUITOES. (Ok, ticks are worse, true, but I don't think they fly and either way mosquitoes aren't far behind.) So before taking Romes out for grass, I obviously sprayed us both down with bug spray. But here's where it got weird. I started spraying the ones flying around us and really took a sick pleasure in watching them drop right out of the air. They got their revenge though. Whilst out grazing, I was bit no less than eleventeen times.

So those are my confessions today. I'm a mosquito murdering, rodent racist with a pretty good lump on my noggin.
Anything you need to confess today? Let's chat in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I was giggling pretty hard by the end of this post haha. Hopefully your head is okay and your bug bites aren't too itchy 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty funny! Head is much better today, haha! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Not as sadistic as my bug zapper. As in, I literally electrocute them and watch them die. So I think you're safe. (Or we're both psycho)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the tennis racket bug zapper? That thing is pretty entertaining.

      Delete
  3. Is there someone out there who actually likes mosquitos. What annoys me is when you spray them and they just continue to happily swarm around like their immune to the expensive stuff you bought specifically for the purpose of eliminating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think frogs might eat them? So they probably like them. I don't know of any humans though!
      Those smug little jerks and their bug spray immunity! I use flysect super 7 (NOT the concentrate) and that kills them pretty quick.

      Delete