Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday's Threads

Outfit Day! It's GORGEOUS out there today, albeit a little chilly. But after the lifetime of rain we just had, I'm just happy to see the sun. Today's outfit is flowery just like the weather:

Fact: Giant florals do nothing to hide giant thighs. Also fact: I don't mind cause the florals are pretty awesome.

Sweater: Cabi
A friend of mine from high school sells Cabi clothes through home parties. It's kind of like wearable pampered chef. The clothes are pretty pricey, but they have a guarantee on them, and everything really fits great. I got this sweater when my sister-in-law hosted a Cabi party a few months ago. I've been waiting for the appropriate weather/season to finally wear it!

Jacket: BNCI
It's still pretty chilly out (hopefully warmer this afternoon) so I threw my awesome patent leather jacket on over top of the sweater. I wasn't sure if I'd regret buying this jacket, but honestly NO REGRETS HERE! None. I love it!

Pants: Seven
I had rotated this photo and cropped it, but blogger laughs at my photo edits these days. Thanks blogger. Anyway, these pants are amazeballs. Yeah, I said it. AMAZEBALLS! I actually got them and the jacket together at Nordstrom Rack during one of my Florida trips. The pants were a little more than I generally like to spend, but I really love them. And they fit perfectly, so that's definitely worth something.

Belt: Swanky Saddle
I had to be at least a little horsey today, right? Plus the love theme works nicely with roses.

Shoes: Sperry
Yep, flipped this photo around too... So much for that. I recently found a hole in my Sperry's wardrobe, and that missing item was a nice blush colored boat shoe. Thankfully ebay took care of my needs very quickly. I love the ribbon laces on these rather than the traditional leather ones.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing a pretty iridescent pale pink/gold cuff along with the apple watch. I "made" that cuff awhile back. And by made, I mean I bought the cuff with the channel already in it and glued in this piece of fabric. Nice work self.

Righty:
Righty is sporting a pretty chain bracelet with pastel tassels from Ettika along with two bead bracelets that I strung myself. How cute is that little turtle on the middle one?

And now that you've seen what I wore to work today, let's get to what you really want to see... Last night's riding outfit!
Yeah, less warm yesterday obviously. But we got to see the sun, so that was nice!

Top: Jansport

I picked this athletic shirt up at the book store during my reunion. It was part of the shopping spree mentioned yesterday. Our mascot is the thoroughbred (because of course it is!) and I love how they printed that across the back.

Belt: Sandy Duftler
I always seem to pair this belt with these breeches, but they don't actually match each other. #amateurproblems

Breeches: Horze Crescendo
I was standing in some terrible lighting when I snapped this.., the photo above for the belt is a more accurate depiction of their color. I really like these breeches and probably should have grabbed them in navy too. Maybe I will, I think they're on closeout everywhere.

Boots: TuffRider Regals
I'm STILL waiting for my La Mundials to get back from being stretched. I hope sometime this decade they arrive! It was still fairly muddy from all the rain though, so I opted for my old beat up boots anyway.

Helmet: Charles Owen AYR8
I think the green one will always be my favorite.

That's what I'm wearing today! What do you have on? How's the weather where you are? Any favorites from today?

6 comments:

  1. I'm wearing my new dacshund belt from C4 and am ridiculously excited about it 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the c4 dog belts! I'm not so patiently waiting for them to make a Pug belt.

      Delete
  2. I need floral pants in my life!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do. I had no idea my life was missing them until I saw these!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the balls to wear patterned pants. They're so cool!

    ReplyDelete