Monday, July 7, 2014

Is it me, or are long weekends too short??

July 4th weekend is definitely one of my favorites! While there's never a guarantee of good weather, you can usually count on it being warm at the very least. I didn't really make any plans for the weekend, but rather decided to play it by ear. And I'm glad I did!
Friday I had to do barn chores in the morning, which was good as it got me out of bed instead of letting me sloth around for too long. Fortunately, I got all the stalls done and horses turned out and back in before the rain came. Once it arrived... IT POURED BUCKETS ALL DAY! I could tell from my Facebook news feed that many plans were canceled and days ruined. But selfishly, I was kind of happy for the rainy day. I hung out with the pugs, and even took a nap!
Here's a pictorial essay of my Friday:

Rio taking a stroll

The puggies taking a nap

Jampy not wanting his photo taken

Ducky pretending he's cute
Saturday TOTALLY made up for Friday's rainout. I woke up to sunny skies and comfortable temperatures. Yay! I started my day with breakfast downtown and running some errands. I then headed out to the barn to do pony things. And I made sure to finish in time for some relaxing by the pool with an adult freeze pop. I also did some laundry while lounging. 2 Birds, 1 Stone. Win! At 5 I went out to feed the tall four legged kids, and then headed out for some bonding time with my mom. We went to a semi-local mall and did some damage to my bank account. Maybe I'll recap my shopping day in another post... Here's Saturday's pictorial essay:

Jampy looking handsome

Grown-up Freeze Pop

Gorgeous pool day!

Pia making it clear I take too many pics
Sunday was a carbon copy of Saturday, only warmer. So gorgeous! Jampy and I had a horse show to go to, so the morning was spent prepping and the afternoon showing. He was a perfect pony! I accidentally learned the wrong course for the first class, so we were disqualified from that one. Oops. But the rest went great! My weekend was topped off with a barbeque at the family beach house. Perfect end to an almost perfect weekend! I didn't take many photos Sunday, but here are our prizes from the horse show!


How was your holiday weekend? Do anything fun? Did you have nice weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment