Sooo... I've had REALLY itchy arms for weeks. It started with a reaction to the straps I was wearing for tennis elbow. Which was really sad because they really helped with that! Maybe once long sleeve weather is here to stay I can try them again. But anyway, the itchy arms spread from my lower arm to my upper arm. Then my legs. Then my back. I was putting off calling the doc about it because I have an upcoming appointment anyway. But finally I couldn't take it anymore. The itching was keeping me up at night! And I think we all know by now how well I function with poor sleep... (Not well.)
I finally went yesterday and got some prednisone. I don't love being on steroids, but man! I didn't realize how much my regular allergies were bothering me until that first dose kicked in! I'm looking forward to eight days of clear sinuses and hopefully no itching. (The itching is improved but not yet gone... I hope this does it!)
Anyway, my confession is that I wait way too long to get things fixed sometimes. Which is really silly when it's causing such distress. Maybe I'll learn from this. Probably not though. Anyone else?

No comments:
Post a Comment