Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thursday's Threads

Outfit day! It's still winter here, despite us seeing 50 degrees sporadically recently. It would be SUPER if winter stayed like that until spring. (Sorry I know... global warming bad. But warm Stacie good!) So I went with cozy for last night's ride.

It wasn't SO cold that I needed the fuzzy boots. The day was actually pretty warm, but the temps were falling quickly once the sun went down.

Helmet: One K
Same old. I know... But hey. Convenience.

Top: Herd of Zebras
I have a few fluffy sweatshirts like this, but a lot of them aren't actually warm. The wind and cold seems to go right through them. This one though? This thing is SO warm. Big fan! But not to be worn if you're handling shavings. Good luck getting them off.

Belt: Mane Jane
I did the light gray strap with the rose gold buckle for this outfit.

Breeches: Noble Outfitters
Noble Outfitters is going to be sold exclusively at Dover moving forward, so you'll see their stuff being closed out pretty much everyplace else. I snagged these from somewhere for super cheap. They are the winter lined softshell style. I may grab a tan pair if I see them again.

Boots: De Niro
Putting these navy ones to WORK to see how their zippers will survive everyday use. So far so good. And update on the black pair: The new zippers arrived yesterday. I haven't yet really researched where to get them fixed, but Ashley gave me a good somewhat local lead, so I'll probably check them out first. Not sure when though.

So that's what I wore last night to ride Miss Shiny pants! And I have a shiny work outfit to share too... (See what I did there?) You will...


See? It's a shiny sweater! Ha! Sorry. It's been a long week.

Top: Silence + Noise
It's really hard to photograph the fun oil click effect on this sweater, but it's basically the same as that bracelet there in front. I'm not sure why I love this oil slick stuff so much, but I just do!

Belt: Mane Jane
I've been unsuccessful finding an oil slick belt, but I have found some hardware so I'm planning on making one at some point. In the meantime, I went simple with this black belt strap and gunmetal buckle.

Jeans: Vintage America Blues
These are a gray with vintage wash stretchy denim. Cute and super comfy.

Shoes: Keds
I know! They're amazing. And Keds so obviously comfy too.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing a bangle bracelet that I put together. The bracelet part came from Etsy, and the unicorn charm is from Coach. Along with that are my tech; the Fitbit and the apple watch.

Righty:
Righty is wearing that super fun vintage snakeskin bangle along with a memory wire bracelet I made, and a cuff that I think came from Poshmark.

So that's it for today! Any favorites? Do you like the oil slick/unicorn look?

4 comments:

  1. I have some Nobel Outfitters stuff I like and did not know they were going to be a Dover exclusive from now on. Thanks for the info! And I'll have to watch the closeouts now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it's a known fact, but someone at one of the tack stores told me!

      Delete
  2. What interesting fabric on that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like painted on. Kinda weird. Kinda cool. Washes fine which is nice.

      Delete