Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thursday's Threads

I was dreading this morning's commute because all week they've been making us panic saying we were going to have ice to deal with. Well, I woke up and it was just regular, wet rain. Phew. I like when they're wrong about things like that! Anyway, I nearly forgot outfit photos last night, so my riding outfit is, well... dirty and tired looking. But I have one!
Definitely the post ride, about to get ready for bed look here...


Helmet: One K
We'll just use this photo again... Same One K, different sweatshirt.

Top: Herd of Zebras
This is probably the softest thing I've ever owned. I think Herd of Zebras stuff can be a little pricey, but that's because it's a small biz. But they do have promotions pretty regularly. I think the logo is adorable. Pastel colored Zebra? Yes please.

Belt: Mane Jane
This is the navy croc strap with what is actually the gold colored buckle, though it looks rose gold here. That's the hue of darkness my friends.

Breeches: Dover
Breeches with a coating of pug hair! My go to outfit... Anyway, these are navy with lilac piping and stitching. Very similar to the Piper breeches, but ten thousand times better fitting. And also cheaper. I got these for $30.

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Several months ago I was left unsupervised and designed myself lots of socks on the Dreamers and Schemers website. These are Pammon's. Not sure why I made his pink and purple... but I love them!

Boots: De Niro
Update on these with the zippers. First, I've still been able to zip them which is nice... but those days are numbered.
I reached out to De Niro who seemed like they were going to help me, but then stopped replying to my messages. So instead, I went to the store I ordered them from, Discount Equestrian. They were VERY helpful. Highly recommend their customer service there. And they have decent prices on things too. Anyway, De Niro offered DE the following options for me: 1. they could send me a new zipper and I could have it replaced locally, 2. I could send them back to De Niro and they could replace them. The issue was, De Niro would only pay postage to and from the UK since that's where I purchased them. It seems to me it will be less expensive to find someplace around here to get them fixed than to send them to and from the UK. So I have the new zippers coming to me. I'm not sure if I'm fully satisfied with that resolution. But it is what it is. At least it's something.

I just have no idea where to get them fixed in my area. Maybe I'll wait and just take them to Florida if/when I go back. Being that the boots are only three months old, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm going to start wearing the blues ones regularly and see if they hold up better. If not, I'll have to be honest and NOT recommed De Niro's anymore. Hopefully it's just a one off issue because they are ridiculously comfortable. For the price though, they should last a lot longer than the Tuffrider Regals that these boots replaced!

Sorry, I got a little ranty there for a minute... back to outfits! Here's what I'm wearing at work today:

Keeping it casual... I was wanting to wear some really cute booties, but they are suede and it's pouring. So boat shoes it is!

Sweater: Tory Burch
The Tory Burch outlet down in Florida has really amazing New Years sales, and this was one of my splurges when we went this year. It's cashmere and I got it for nothing pretty much. I LOVE the color. This is my favorite shade of green. If any of you come across a pair of cute boots this color, please direct me to them. Or else I'll just start wearing my green riding boots to work. It might happen.

Belt: Tory Burch
I also got this belt on the same trip. And matching sunnies. And maybe a purse. Shut up.

Jeans: True Religion
You guys have seen these before. They're super comfy and relatively flattering. I love the contrast stitching on them.

Shoes: Sperry
You have seen these ten million times by now probably. Definitely one of my favorites. And yes, those are horse socks.

Arm Party!!!
Lefty:
Full disclosure: Today's arm party is basically what I wear everyday. I don't always have the time or energy to match to my outfit so this is my go to set up. That said, I do have great bracelets to match today's outfit and I'm a little annoyed that I was late this morning and didn't find them.
Anyway, lefty is wearing the bit bracelet my dad and step mom gave me for Chanukah along with my new apple watch that I gave me for Chanukah.

Righty:
Righty is wearing one of the Hermes "Clou De Selle" bracelets (named such because that button is the same as the nail heads on the saddles), along with my most favorite Dee bit bracelet and the fitbit in its brown strap.

So that's it for today! Any favorites? Thoughts/opinions on De Niro boots?

16 comments:

  1. The pug hair has magical properties I'm sure!

    And three months and the zipper is already trashed!?!! That really sucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pug hair has some kind of magic... magic stick to everything powers! Lol!
      Yeah, I wasn't pleased about that! I don't think it's the norm for this brand, but I would have hoped for a better resolution that wasn't going to cost me money.

      Delete
  2. There are a few places near me that replace zippers. If you don't want to wait until FL you could find someplace to ship?

    I have a pair of field boots that are too wide. I'm curious if it's cheaper to get them taken in or buy a new pair... Or rather HOW much cheaper... My lovely brown boots are also a little wide now too so I've stopped wearing them... I randomly lost weight in my calves of all places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll have to do some research and see what I can find. I just don't want to spend even more money ya know?
      I'm not sure if it's worth it to have them taken in. Depends on if you have someone really good to do it. I have seen boots that were altered wind up kind of lumpy looking. You wouldn't want that! But I sold a pair to a friend of mine, and she had them taken in, and they looked great. Not sure what the cost was though. So I'm not that helpful! Sorry!

      Delete
  3. That herd of zebras sweatshirt looks really cozy! No personal experience with DeNiro boots, but that is very disappointing. I wouldn't be very happy with that resolution either, but better than them doing nothing I suppose.

    I'm loving my mane jane belt. Best $15 purchase ever. I missed their instagram sale on belt straps the other day and I'm very sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that sale, but had some self restraint for once (it's rare, but it happens). I saw they have some new colors coming though... that spells trouble for me!

      Delete
  4. That's such a bummer about your boots! I haven't replaced a zipper but for heel and leather work I've always been happy at Bank St Cobbler in New London. Good Luck! https://www.theday.com/article/20190323/BIZ02/190329749

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be enraged if my zippers failed after 3 months. Hope you get yours sorted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I wasn't pleased that's for sure! My other pair has held up longer, so I'm thinking it's a one off situation... hopefully!

      Delete
  6. Too bad about the zippers - hopefully you can find a shoe repair place locally to swap them out...

    Love all the green, which should come as no surprise...lol The HoZ sweater looks super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a hassle though right? I wish we had someone really local. We used to, but he retired.

      That sweatshirt is seriously insanely soft. I think it's knit from unicorn hair or something.

      Delete
  7. That is too bad about your zippers. I took mine to a local cobbler and he did a great job replacing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I could! The one we had retired! Ashley above let me know about someone to call, but there still a good 35-40 minutes away. Hopefully they have weekend hours.

      Delete
  8. Holy crap I can't believe that happened to your zippers after 3 MONTHS!! THAT SUCKS! My zippers finally crapped out on my every day pair of brown boots after 2.5ish solid years of use. I contacted DeNiro directly and they offered me the same resolutions. I could ship to them (but I'd pay shipping both ways) or they could ship me zippers. I opted for that and they send me 2 pairs (1 black & 1 brown). I had mentioned in my email that I have a black and brown pair, but only the brown needed replacing. I was very pleased to get both pairs free even though both pairs of boots are several years old. There is a GREAT repair place in Dallas that fixed my zippers for $80 and you can't even tell they were replaced the work is so good. They DO take mail-ins (I asked) but I know shipping would definitely be an additional expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? You'd think for only three months old they would stand behind them a bit more. I wasn't really thrilled with that resolution honestly. I mean, it's awesome if you've had your boots a long while. But three months in they should probably replace the boots. If it's $80 for the new zippers, plus shipping both ways... that's like half a pair of new boots right there. They were only around $300 new.

      Delete