Wednesday, February 26, 2020

What's up Wednesday

Lolz... Imma start day drinking at work soon... Ha! Anyway... We're not here to talk about work, we're here to talk ponies.
So this week/weekend was pretty tame on the horse front. Eros is a perfect gentleman for his hand walking and Shiny is coming along under saddle. We've added canter back in, and I'm asking her toward the end of every ride to come round and work the booty. It's hard for her, and she really can't hold it long, but it's a start! Clearly, she's very worn out from all the hard work...

Saturday she pulled a Shiny on me though... We are supposed to pick feet just inside the barn when leaving the indoor. So I picked the front ones, and when I went to do the back, she got startled by the farrier hammering on a shoe nearby. I tried to grab the reins, but missed, and she trotted herself right down the aisle and outside. Of course it was a randomly beautiful warm day, so the doors were all open. Of course! Lol. Fortunately, she just trotted herself out to the paddocks and visited with her pony friend Misty who was outside. Such a silly pony. This is the THIRD TIME she's gotten loose at the boarding barn. First time from me though. So naughty.

Sunday I needed to pull her mane. It was halfway down her neck and she was looking VERY feral. Apparently though, she's a total turd about it. I wound up having to twitch her and still was only able to shorten it with scissors. Good thing she's not showing any time soon...

Nothing new on the Pammon front. Vet comes Friday to ultrasound Eros, so I'll probably get an update then.

We've already covered everything going on with the puggers yesterday, so that's where we are with them. Artie still isn't into eating his kibble, so I guess I'll have to get more food for him. Kids.

I did manage fill all the time this weekend though, despite being busy with vet visits and Equine rehab. Saturday evening I went to a minor league hockey game which was super fun.


They lost in overtime. Losers.

I've also been taking steps to organize my hoarder hovel, and one of those steps is actually acquiring furniture in which to hide my crap. Thus, both Saturday morning and Sunday morning I put some parts together.



Pretty good, right? I only messed up one thing but it's not a big deal, just a backwards piece that is in the back anyway. I did however drop the top part on my head when trying to lift it up into place.
And I got a booboo. Looks oddly like I got bit, doesn't it?

I have one more piece to put together for that room (it's a pantry room sort of, the fridge is in there... my house is old and weird), and then it should be all neat and organized! One down... all the rest to go. Baby steps my friends. It will be SO nice once everything is organized though. Hope it lasts! ha.

And that's about it from here. If you guys don't hear from me tomorrow it's because my job drove me to day drinking.

10 comments:

  1. Shiny always sounds like she has a lot of personality.
    So I posted a long time ago about the method I learned for pulling manes after dealing with Stampede needing drugged to get it done. I'm sure if you search my blog for "mane pulling" you will find it. Essentially instead of ripping the hair out you just hold tension and they let the hair go. It's really crazy and so much easier. Obviously at first the horse expects discomfort so you still need someone with treats, or drugs on board or something, but pretty quickly Stampede became completely blase by mane pulling and I've repeated that with several horses since. I hope it helps if you aren't already doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so interesting! I'll have to check it out, because I'll try anything to make it easier!

      Delete
  2. that cabinet turned out great!! tho yea haha the bruise definitely looks like a bite omg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiny escaping is kinda funny - super annoying of course - but personality stuff like that makes me chuckle. ;-)

    You should change jobs and come work with me. We actually have a bar in the building to promote and support day drinking! :-) It is only open Wed, Thurs, Fri though, cause I guess day drinking Mon-Tues is not ok? lol idk That is def. one perk of working for a police organization - they have a mess like military units do.

    Good job on the assembly - well, minus the bruise! Looks painful. But all in the name of organization, I guess? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny is hilarious! She got loose again on Tuesday from the assistant trainer who was trying to change her blanket. She's too much!
      That's so funny, well I've heard if you drink on Tuesdays you might have a problem... so maybe that's why? Haha!

      Delete
  4. Good job on the cabinet. I'm glad that Shiny is back to work. She would look really pretty with a running braid.....I used a solo comb on Irish and it worked really well. Now that he's pretty much retired I let it grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cabinet! I am covered in bruises too that looks strangely like bites but are on my legs right at the level I run into things lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, tell me. I walked into my bed frame twice in the span of about 3 minutes over the weekend. I look like I'm an in abusive relationship.

      Delete