Thursday, May 2, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Confession: I don't have a riding outfit to share. And here's the worst part. It's not that I forgot to take pictures, it's more that I didn't want to. So sorry. But it was cold and rainy, and all I wore was some old warm breeches and a giant hoodie, so really, you're missing nothing. I do have a neon trimmed outfit for today though! It's again (still) overcast with showers in the forecast so I decided to bring my own sunshine to work today.
I was born in 1980. Neon is just a part of my culture.

Top: Lisa Todd
Lisa Todd clothes are stupid expensive, but every so often I get lucky and find them on extreme sale. This is a perfect spring top, it's knit, but very lightweight. I paired it with a neon cami underneath, which you can actually kind of see through the top. It's debatable how work appropriate that is, but there aren't any bosses here this week, so I'm doing it.

Belt: Jessica Simpson
I found this accidentally on Poshmark, and decided to snag it. I figured it would work with this top and it was used, so super cheap. It might be fun with black breeches too!

Jeans: Lucky Brand
I'm not sure what the fit is on these... they're not skinny at the bottom, but they're not super relaxed fit either. They're comfy though, and the perfect length for boat shoes.

Shoes: Rock & Candy
I've had these for YEARS. They're some kind of "vegan leather" which is generally just plastic... They're comfy though, and they've held up pretty well.

Purse: Marc Jacobs
So here's the real backstory on this outfit... I picked this bag up in Florida this winter on sale at the outlets down there. I loved that it was basically a neutral but with that awesome strap (which I could swap out with something more boring if I wanted). And it was this purse that inspired the purchase of my top. Some people ask me how I build my outfits. In this case, it started with the purse.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is sporting a leather bracelet that I've worn on here before a few times. I can't remember the brand though.

Righty:
Righty is donning some designer knock-offs. The first is a Michael Kors replica and the middle is supposed to be an Hermes "H" bracelet. It's not... But whatever, it's neon! And lastly is my fitbit in the rubber bracelet. I feel like black rubber is kind of the ideal pairing to neon. Oh the 80's. What a time they were.

So that's it for today. What are your thoughts on neon?

10 comments:

  1. Child of 80s (I was a teenager in the late 80s sooooo neon is my jam)....hahaha love your outfit. all you needed was a neon scrunchy in your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I draw the line at scrunchies and fanny packs... both of which seem to be making a comeback!

      Delete
  2. Love it!! The purse is really nice - enough neon to be fun and neutral enough to go with other stuff.

    I was a teen in the 80s as well - well late 80s lol and still love neon. I have a neon orange saddle pad, helmet cover and a technical shirt that I ride in in the summer. My coach at the time hated it lol She said she could see me from down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All neon everything!!! Hey, safety first, right?!

      Delete
  3. Another 80s teenager here. Never wore a fanny pack but had a lot of scrunchies. I was early 80s though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I ever wore a fanny pack... I think I've always judged them pretty hard. But scrunchies for sure! I had one in every possible color I think.

      Delete
  4. The lacing on the side of the sweater is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeee the neon accents! So fun!

    ReplyDelete