Wednesday, September 20, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Ugh. You know what's NOT up this Wednesday? My fence. That's what. I won't bore you with all the details of this project. But suffice to say it's going far too slowly, has been an epic disaster since the start, and I'm not at all happy. Neither are my horses who've only been turned out in a tiny little medical paddock since last Friday. Ugh. The place looks super weird without all the fencing up though, so here are some photos to stop me from whining:




With the fence down and the post holes not filled, riding has been a little challenging. Rio of course is just fine, but Jampy thinks his entire world has been turned upside down. Fortunately by Sunday he was feeling more agreeable so we had  a little fun cantering in and out of the ring. Might as well make some lemonade out of these lemons, right?!

I didn't feel like trying to jump would be a good choice with sir-spooks-a-lot. My luck he'd pull the runaway Jamp impression and run right into a hole. So no fun media this week. Hopefully we'll be back to our normal routine soon though. I hate to waste the last bit of riding season!
In other news, I nearly blew this little guy away with the blower. Once I realized he was clinging to the floor in the wind, obviously I stopped and let him hop up on my hand. Poor thing was missing a leg and STILL managed to not get blown away.

The puggers had a big weekend though. They got their fall shots Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the weekend like this:
They really know how to party. The highlight of my weekend was probably when I found an unopened box of Samoas hiding in the back of the oven.

Needless to say, they're gone now. No regrets. I guess that's it from here for What's Up Wednesday. Hopefully by next Wednesday the fence will be what's up!
What's up with you guys? Do anything fun this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. That sucks about the fence, but at least you got some fun photos and riding experience out of it? Mmmmmm lost girl scout cookies never last long in my house once they're found, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girl scout cookies were definitely the high point of the weekend! They didn't last too long!

      Delete
  2. How does one lose girl scout cookies??? Mine never make it to the freezer to start with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know. I think it was some kind of Rosh Hashana miracle.

      Delete